3 replies to this topic

#1 hpolack

hpolack

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 01:55 AM

Maybe this is what happens when you have been banned.

I noticed that my clock was off when I booted to EVOLUTION. I booted modchip off and MS took me right to the live scrren. I backed out and went into the clock it was fine.

I booted to EVOLUTION and went into the System Settings use MS Dashboard - use to change time/date and tv settings. IT WENT RIGHT INTO FN XBOX LIVE ON THE MENU. I hit the off button as soon as I could.

YES I APPEAR TO BE FREAKIN BANNED NOW!

Now if go back to the same menu booting to Evolution it always starts LIVE. It almost seems like MS hacked my box so that unknowningly when I tried to go to the MS Dashboard to update date and time it would jam me into the XBOX LIVE menu so I could get banned.

The same thing happens when I boot with the Mod Off (I am using Aladdin Plus) and try to go to the MS Dashboard...it goes instantly into the XBOX LIVE Menu item.

And my time and date keep showing up wrong on Evolution but not when I go to MS Dashboard after booting with the Mod-off.

Before I try and replace my eeprom I want to find out why my XBOX keeps popping directly into XBOX LIVE everytime I try to fire up MS Dashboard with or without Mod-Chip on.

Thoughts????

#2 nunayabiznis

nunayabiznis

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 03:31 AM

Did you check the evox.ini file and see what file its supposed to be opening? Sometimes the MSDashboard = line might not be linking where you want it to.

#3 Strud1512

Strud1512

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 January 2004 - 04:54 AM

Did you disable the automatic XBLive logon in the MS dash settings? By default, it will attempt to connect to the Live network, if you disable this 'feature' it will only connect when you select the XBLIVE menu option.

#4 rbmerc

rbmerc

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Everything... THE MOUNTAINS
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 January 2004 - 05:00 AM

that happens to me too and i always wondered why... i dont have a modded xbox but this is good that i found this out because i will be modding mine as soon as xecuter 3! wooot

-merc ph34r.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users