ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:57 AM

You need to download the roms that have "[!]" in the filename otherwise they won't load.

Same thing happened to me back in the day.

#902 daddywillwill

daddywillwill

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:20 AM

yeah i have.
its kinda weird. i can play some roms but others just dont go past the load screen and go black
NBA Jam 99 (U) [!]
NBA Jam 2000 (U) [!]
they don't even run they load then black screen as some others?

#903 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:33 AM

Did you check the N64 compatibility list? Those game might not play. N64 and PSX emulation on the Box is pretty spotty.

#904 daddywillwill

daddywillwill

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:36 AM

ow ok. so not all games even load.
ok thats cool, was just wondering if it was my workings or the software.
Thanks

#905 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

Do Mario64, Mario Kart and Goldeneye start? All 3 of those play pretty well, although MK has a little slow down in multiplayer and Goldeneye has some graphical glitches.

If those three don't start, you've got a problem. I'd remove the emu and whatever the save folder is and reinstall it if you have a problem with any of them.

#906 dballs442

dballs442

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:Sustainability, Playing music, Mountain Biking, Snowboard, Games, Micro Beer, Camping, River Sports
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:19 PM

so i figured out how to change the music during the rom list menu. (replace main.wma in /F/emulators/Surreal64.XXX.B5.1.CE/Skins/Default to what ever .wma you want).

i am asking if its possible to put several music files in and it play a random one at start up?

#907 PLZKLLME0080

PLZKLLME0080

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:16 AM

I have an issue with the loading of roms. When I first used Surreal64, it worked perfectly. But now, it takes about ten minutes to load up one rom. It works fine from there, but I don't want to wait that long to play. Is there any fix for this, or does any one else have this problem?

#908 dickalan

dickalan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:26 PM

This is kind of a mixed/grey area so please don't get mad at me for posting this here. I was wondering if everyone here was aware of these site that mod the n64 goldeneye and perfect dark games:

http://goldeneyevault.com/

http://www.shootersf...message_boards/

http://www.goldeneyeforever.com/

What they are doing is pretty awesome. Anyway as of now (that I can find) these adapted roms only work on the mupen pc emulator. I was wondering if anyone knew how to port these modded roms (that contain "patches" which change the game in some way) to play on surreal for the xbox. Anyone thought about this or am I the only one?? Thanks for any ideas or help.

I thought maybe this could lead to something:
http://goldeneyevault.com/faq.php#1

since I'm sort of a "noob" I'm not exactly the guy to go around and start programing stuff...

#909 SSTG

SSTG

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

Had posted this in another thread though I'd thought I should try this one too about my problem

been recently trying to transfer a save of goldeneye with cheats on to the emulator with no luck I've turned the file to eep so it left me wondering if the right directory was set so I set it to E drive since for some reason it was set to D

I reset back to basic defaults before setting the directory

though now it freezes at the rom selection if I try to go to the menu or try to launch a rom

tried completely removing the whole folder from the xbox and retransfering it with no change

is there a file outside i need to find to get surreal working again?

an older version I put on works just as well but I have the same problem with it trying to read the save file

Unfortunately I did a dumb move and removed a file from outside the surreal64 CE folder and the emulator just restarts Xunleash now

any help would be appreciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users