Onimu

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 January 2004 - 04:06 AM

Don't really know why some to Maxtor run fast and some of them run slow. I have two 5400rpm 160g. Both have different model, but one can transfer 5mb per sec and anther can only has 700kb per sec. Both of then running at same setup and duplex set at full 100 and also have tried at auto. But, it still, one is running faster then another. Under i test both in PC, and they give me a same result. So, i get comfuse. I hope some of expert here to show my why.

#2 volcomman2003

volcomman2003

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 04:24 AM

its ur connection you get files from the xbox faster because you have a faster download speed but the upload speed if you are going through a router or arent directly connected is going to make it slow maybe not that slow but slower for mine it does

#3 HAL2001

HAL2001

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 05:07 AM

Hard drives will have different transfer speeds depending on the physical location of the data on the disc. If one of you HDDs if somewhat empty and the other is more full this may explain the differences in transfer rates you are seeing.

#4 Onimu

Onimu

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 January 2004 - 07:41 AM

No, i'm talking loading game from pc to xbox HD. Both drives just format from a empty drive and loaded slayer 2.5 in. Both were loading same game and file from a same pc HD with cross over cable. The only diffeent that it has different model on both 5400rpm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users