• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zigzag

zigzag

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 02:15 PM

is it possible for a matrix to be fried even tho the light still goes green when installed on my xbox mobo. i can also still flash my matrix chip on my pc

#2 ne0phile

ne0phile

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 03:10 PM

it's a possibility,i guess.

but we need more details. sounds like a misallignment issue so far as if it can be flashed then it's ok.

what version xbox do u have? lpc holes filled? are you using the correct mode for alligning?

#3 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 January 2004 - 03:12 PM

I do not think that it is a problem with the chip as it is pretty hard to fry one just by general use. You can check the allignment over and over and make sure all the pogo pins are working properly. Try flashing it again, testing the alignment, switching into MODE II and giving that a go.

#4 dojoman

dojoman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 05:47 PM

Give a little more detail on what you mean by "fried". I had an issue w/ a trace on the modchip burned up but even with that the chip still works after reparing the trace by patch wiring. It looks like yours still works since the bios is still in the chip and green light flashing.

#5 zigzag

zigzag

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:32 PM

im using a V1.0 xbox ,Matrix Chip flashed with the 4780 bios . i think its properly alligned. the light flashs red on test mode and green on always on mode. im just trying to figure out if i have a problem with my chip, or if its just a problem with my hd. the main problem is that have a error 16 (xbox time clock un set due to the fact that the dashboard is missing). i can no longer boot up my xbox with the slayers disk to format and prepair a hard drive for use on my xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users