4 replies to this topic

#1 craigb

craigb

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 07:48 PM

I have installed a few Alladin advance 32 chips in the past but this one is giving me probs.

Its a V 1.0 or 1.1 not sure.

I installed the chip and it all worked perfect except PX HDD loader where it said the chip dosnt support the eject mod trick hack, which it should. I then removed the MB to check my connections. They were all ok so i repleced the MB. It then wouldnt boot up with the chip. I looked again to see that my BT wire had come off the MB so i took the MB back out again. I then replaced the MB and plugged the power lead back in and the xbox started up by itself and when i turn ot off via the front power button i cant switch it back on via the button. I have to remove and replace the power cable.

Any Ideas whats up. I removed the chip and its still doing the same.

Help please.

P.S - I have installed Evo-X onto the HD and turned off all the IGR if that maked any difference.

Edited by craigb, 08 January 2004 - 07:50 PM.

#2 craigb

craigb

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 08:31 PM

I removed the resistor that the BT connection solders onto just to check it and it looked like one of the ends had come off but could still see some metal to solder to. SO after soldering it back in it still wont work.

It turns off via the power on button but wont turn on. It will turn on via the CD eject button, but they all do that.

Any suggestions at all? Anyone know where i can get onother one of those resistior from?

Craig

#3 Neo2003

Neo2003

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 06:37 PM

You just lose you 100ohm resitance for the power button, if you can live with no power button, just short D0 to ground and it will boot up to the modchip all the time, put a swith in between if you wish to boot back to M$

#4 craigb

craigb

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 07:42 PM

Is that 100ohm resistor part R3G3 on the MB.? If so could i just wack a normal 100 ohm resistor across it ? Or is this resistor somewhere else.

I want to have the power button working so i can boot up normall and with the chip enabled with out an extra switch, also switching on woth the cd eject button also ejects the cd tray everytime, very annoying.

Cheers for you help

Craig

#5 Neo2003

Neo2003

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 08:16 PM

yes! it's 100ohm but some said it is a 470ohm ... try
http://forums.xbox-s...=153004&hl=r3g3

look at Chancer respond