21 replies to this topic

#1 dougyt

dougyt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 07:48 PM

I just bought a new xbox, having soft modded two for other people. I first off tried the font hack, but got a garbled screen. Checked the forums and tried all bioses I could get, latest pbl etc. Using the 007 hack to ftp all this, I then went with the auio hack. Same problem with garbled screen. Tried loads of bios, some seem to get further, but impossible to know. I have now managed to load Evoxdash straight from audio exploit. BUT can't see d: drive in ftp, or play games from dvd in evoxdash (shows all original games as video in top right corner).
Now here's the question, is it possible to load PBL as an app, I seem to be getting it, but I want to know if it is worth forging ahead along these lines, to load pbl to try different bioses and load evox (loading from evox first into pbl, to reload evox with different bios.) until it works, then put it back to PBL-evox from audio exploit once it works.
Or can someone tell me why evox doesn't recognise dvd games in drive, and how to fix it.
BTW have
K100.5101.01 and
D100.4920.01
TIA

#2 pinkani

pinkani

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 January 2004 - 01:24 AM

What version of evox are you running? I've the same xbox as yours and used audio exploit to startup PBL 1.3.5i, X2 4979 BFM and evox 3935.
I've also used FlashFXP to access D: to backup games.
Most of my games seems OK except for FIFA2003 that used to work, now became unreadable, even in MS dash. May be due to damaged disc, but yet to find out.

#3 dougyt

dougyt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 05:17 AM

Thanks for your reply, I've got to double check and try those versions again, will let you know the outcome.
EDIT still get flickering screen, and just a white line and green line visible, goes thru phoenix splash, some writing flicks up (all flickery obviously due to PBL problem we all know about) and then screen just flickers with green and white line. Using PBL 1.3.5i, X2 4979 BFM (4979 repack, altered with xbtool to set bfm flag) and evox 3935.

Edited by dougyt, 09 January 2004 - 05:39 AM.

#4 pinkani

pinkani

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 05:42 AM

You got it wrong on the bios. You definitely need to download the BFM bios and not try to make one using xbtool. BFM are not created by setting the BFM flag in xbtool.

Don't worry, you're VERY close now.

Edited by pinkani, 09 January 2004 - 05:43 AM.

#5 dougyt

dougyt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 06:51 AM

OK, just 1 question which boot config you using with the bfm bios. I know we can't give rc4's etc, but does the boot.cfg which came with pbl1.3.5i work as is, or do I need to find another one?
BTW I got bfm bios 4979bfm

Edited by dougyt, 09 January 2004 - 06:51 AM.

#6 pinkani

pinkani

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 07:09 AM

The RC4 key in PBL 1.3.5i is good. Just put the hex values into debug.ini of xbtool.

#7 dougyt

dougyt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 07:24 AM

I really appreciate your help, you just lost me with that last one lol. All 0x00 in pbl boot.cfg??

#8 Zogger

Zogger

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 09 January 2004 - 07:25 AM

dougyt,

If your boot.cfg RC4Key, EEPROMKey1_0, and EEPROMKey1_1 have keys that consist of all 0's (0x00 0x00 ... 0x00), then you need to find the correct keys and place them on the proper line. Another thing you should check is the Romfile line. Make sure the BIOS you're choosing to autoload is either renamed on your HD to the default "xboxrom.bin" or change the boot.cfg to match your BIOS file.

As for your previous question about running PBL (1.3.5i) as an app, it should be possible (I've run PBL on a chipped box as an app). If you have EvoX automatically add APPs from your E:\APPS folder, you would copy all the files to a folder (in this case called PBL) in your APPS folder. For example, you would add these files:

E:\APPS\PBL\default.xbe
E:\APPS\PBL\boot.cfg
E:\APPS\PBL\notes.txt
E:\APPS\PBL\bg.jpg
E:\APPS\PBL\font.jpg
E:\APPS\PBL\phoenix2d_logo1.jpg
E:\APPS\PBL\Bioses\xboxrom.bin

Now depending on which exploit you use, you will have to sign PBL's default.xbe correctly. You mentioned you were using the audio exploit, so in this case you would have to use a tool such as XBEDump to resign PBL's default.xbe with the audio signature. After you restart and refresh your EvoX's menu, under the Apps section you should see a new entry "Phoenix" (for PBL 1.3.5i).

- ZoGger

#9 dougyt

dougyt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 07:32 AM

Thanks Zogger, I have already signed PBL with audio, and have that loading. I can also load PBL as an app, I think my only prob now is these keys for eeprom and rc4. I have used a hex editor to get keys at offsets (mentioned elsewhere in this forum) and used another prog to get rc4 from another bios, do I need rc4 and eeproms from the bios I'm using or my xbox one?
And I'm renaming any bios to xboxrom.bin. It's nice to have a checklist tho, case I miss something tongue.gif
EDIT Using mxcp I can get rc4 (I guess it's right) but all bios tools are saying they're finding an error in the bios (4979BFM) when I try anything else. XBTool won't open it, and logfile says "Extracting compressed KERNEL image... Invalid config params for kernel extract!"
This is WAY too deep for me now uhh.gif

Edited by dougyt, 09 January 2004 - 07:56 AM.

#10 Zogger

Zogger

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 08:01 AM

The RC4 key is for your BFM Bios; AFAIK they all use the same debug RC4 key. As far as the EEPROM, once you obtain the proper keys for those entries, you shouldn't have to worry about changing them if you switch BIOS files; they're more related to the XBOX version you have, and not so much as to the BIOS you're loading.

In other words, once you find the right keys for those lines, you're all set laugh.gif

- ZoGger

#11 Zogger

Zogger

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 08:07 AM

When opening a BFM BIOS with XBTool you need to make sure you're using a properly configured config ini file. Look inside the Config folder in your XBTool folder. Inside of that is a BFM folder. Copy the bfm.ini file in that folder to your Config folder, then edit the bfm.ini and add the proper RC4 key to the statement "RC4_KEY=". After you've done that, reload XBTool and at the upper right for the BIOS Type choose "bfm". If you did this correctly, you should be able to open a BFM BIOS and edit the options.

- ZoGger

#12 dougyt

dougyt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 11:10 AM

OK, I get the following in the logfile from XBtool 1.0.12.b4
" == 01/09/04 13:11:47 == Open ==
Loading ROM image file 'F:downloadsxboxPBL1.3.5iPBL1.3.5ixboxrom.bin'...
Extracting 2BL image...
Decrypting 2BL image...
Extracting compressed KERNEL image... Invalid config params for kernel extract!"

Got rc4 key from mcxp and put it in place in bfm config, and moved bfm config to configs folder. this BIOS stuff is complicated, anyone would think M$ didn't want us to do these hacks biggrin.gif

Edited by dougyt, 09 January 2004 - 11:11 AM.

#13 Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 09 January 2004 - 11:56 AM

Yoiu should not be using BFM.ini, use debug.ini and you will be fine.

Morden.

#14 Zogger

Zogger

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 03:39 PM

I've been using the BFM.ini and it works fine; In fact, I opened both the BFM.ini and debug.ini and they contain the exact same info, so he could probably use either of them. I ended up using the BFM.ini as I believe I read that somewhere on the forums, and it actually occurred to me as I was trying to sleep last night that the debug ini might have worked too, lol.

I just wanted to clear up that he should be okay using the bfm.ini (it shouldn't cause an serious problems).

- ZoGger

P.S. I want to say thank you for all the work you've done here on X-S, Mordenkainen. I've been following a lot of the topics for a while now, and I learned a great deal from all your insight (not to mention your elaborate MA Audio Exploit packages).

#15 Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 09 January 2004 - 03:49 PM

Thanks!

Good to hear a work of thanks every now and then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users