Photo

Ftp File Transfer To Xbox Hangs (disconnects)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 turnip

turnip

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 08:37 PM

Hi.

I have a working evox 3935 boot disc running on the xbox. I can ftp in to it using FlashFXP. Most things work fine, eg. copying files from the xbox to the pc. However when transfering files from the pc to the xbox, most files work fine, but some hangs for a while and the the xbox seems to close the ftp connection. FlashFXP automatically retries a couple of times but to no avail.

I have also tried ftping with the standard ftp in cygwin. I can connect and cd to the correct directory etc. But when "put"-ing one of these files the ftp connection hangs for a while and then I get "Connection closed by remote host".

I read that only certain file names are supported, but the files I am trying to transfer are EvoX Skins and XBMP files, so I guess they should be ok. Examples of files that do not work are "lang-42.xml", and "3d_space_0640.jpg".

I read something about a packet size change for some of the most recent versions of FlashFXP. Could this have anything to do with anything?

Did you ever hear about this problem before? Any ideas?

Thankx.

#2 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 January 2004 - 08:40 PM

you can try making sure packet size is 2048 but I don't think that will help this case... set the type to binary too maybe and make sure partition space you are copying to is fine.

#3 kyvaith

kyvaith

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:27 PM

thesame problem here sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users