Photo

How Come When I Make A Iso Image Of Evox....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kingal89

kingal89

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:00 PM

The file is an iso but it is still wrapped up as an rar. So how do i get it to just be an iso. can i extract it. its just that i picked the file ( it wasn't a rar) and create an iso out of it and now when i got to the file its an iso that has been wrapped down to rar. what should i do to get the final iso file that i will burn to a cdrw so i can load evox.

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:04 PM

You have to UNrar the files into a directory. Then make an ISO of that directory, not just the RAR file.

#3 kingal89

kingal89

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:07 PM

yeah i know i un rared the files first and made a dummy file and everything thin i put my dummy file, the skins file, evox.ini file, and default.xbe file all into a folder. Then i made an iso image of that folder. and the product was an iso file that was wrapped down to rar again. can i just put the rared iso file on a cdrw and it still work

#4 chefelf

chefelf

• Head Moderators
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:16 PM

Are you sure it's a RAR file? Did you setup WinRAR to be the defaul program for ISO files? If so it will display the same icon as a RAR file but that doesn't mean it's a RAR file.

Right-click on the file and go to properties. Does it show an extension of .RAR or .ISO?

#5 kingal89

kingal89

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:17 PM

When i use an extract iso software it is the only file that shows up so i know that its an iso file its just wrapped up in rar format. i wonder if i can just put it on a disk in rar format and it still work.

#6 kingal89

kingal89

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:19 PM

it says its a rar file, but i know in the rar file is the iso file i need so should i just extract it maybe.

#7 chefelf

chefelf

• Head Moderators
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:20 PM

Well you need to select "burn image..." in your burning program and use an ISO.

If it's an ISO like I suggested then it'll work fine. If it's a RAR then I have no idea what the problem is. wink.gif

#8 kingal89

kingal89

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 11:26 PM

I think your right about it not really being a rar file type. but wheni go to properties it says file type rar. but when i am in WinRAR i can't extract the file anymore. And if i leave my cursor ontop of it for a little while it says blah blah blah.iso but it still has all of those books as an icon and stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users