justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 January 2004 - 12:45 AM

I've installed 7-8 modchips in the past year, but this one is giving me problems. I installed the Aladdin Advance on a v1.5 xbox, L1, L2, Bt and d0 along with the LPC points went just fine, also the ground and 3.3v.

The xbox would start up, get to the blob screen and reboot, no frag, no error code, it would keep rebooting.

I checked my solder points over and over, each point has probably been resoldered 2-3 times. I can't get anything to boot except for the Oz-X flash disc (not Slayer's 2.5 or X-Disc 0.93) so I flashed the chip to 4980.06. The flashing went fine, and when the xbox loads I see the Xecuter2 logo at the bottom of the screen, but it still reboots.

I'm stuck, any suggestions?

#2 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 01:56 AM

Well, I'd delete my first post (cause I feel like an idiot now), but it may help someone.

It was either Bt or L1, I resoldered both and now its working. The fact that one of them controls the mode made me think it had to be one of the two.

#3 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 09:52 PM

lol, back to the original problem. I must have been really tired last night. I can boot to a Evox cd, but I can't boot off the hard drive. I have switched hard drives and I still get the reboot, getting frustrated.

#4 asnagrim

asnagrim

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 January 2004 - 10:23 PM

i am having the same problem with an aladdin.
if i solder it for mod only, it keeps reloading and trying to get through to the dash. If i use power enable, the led turns orange as it should and then just before the dash would normally load, it switches itself to ms dash and led turns green.

#5 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 10:31 PM

I'm thinking I might have messed up Bt, but it looks okay to me.

#6 asnagrim

asnagrim

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 11:04 PM

i have installed about 50 of these with no problem in the past.
This one worked for the first 24 hours and then the problem started.
I have removed the chip and tried a different one in case that was the problem., but the new chip does exactly the same.
I have triple checked all points to no avail.

#7 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 11:14 PM

I strapped the xbox d0 to ground, and the chip will be activated with just a quick press of the power button, but still it reboots.

Its weird, the only time it will do anything is if it boots to a cd/dvd.

Anyone have a clue?

#8 asnagrim

asnagrim

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 03:22 AM

i just tried removing the aladdin and putting an akira in instead....still no luck...does exactly the same thing.

Looks like it could be an xbox problem rather than a modchip problem unless i am missing something

#9 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 04:30 AM

Yes, at this point I agree. Maybe some resistor we fried, Bt or L1?

#10 asnagrim

asnagrim

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 04:36 AM

i dont think so, because the akira doesnt use the lt or bt.
And if you remove those wires the modchip will be in always on mode...when i do that, the xbox just keeps cycling ..loads to almost dash...then starts again.
Chip is enabled because xecutor2 logo appears etc....just doesnt get past that.
I have an evox boot disc (dvdr, which i have had no probs with in the past) in the drive and it wont even access that.

#11 asnagrim

asnagrim

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 04:42 AM

just to clarify...the xbox doesnt power down or frag, it just switches to MS dash if switch is available (exactly like choosing msdash from evox menu). If no switch is available, it will restart the modchip bios...it still doesnt power down.

#12 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 05:14 AM

Mine will load the evox boot disc, but I don't know about the MS dash because I don't have a locked HD.

What other possible point could it be except:
1. a short somewhere
or
2. 3.3V?

#13 asnagrim

asnagrim

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 05:19 AM

i have tried mine with 3.3v and i have inspected the board for solder splash etc.
The chip is definitely working, because if i unplug the hard drive i get the superfro error screen

#14 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 06:09 AM

ok, I think I figured it out, its fixed for now, maybe it won't last as I was too tired to remember last night what I did to think it was fixed in the first place, but here goes.

The xbox will only boot one of my Slayers discs, probably 2.1 but I don't have it marked.

I keep on reading 2-3 posts about video mode being the problem with the rebooting, but the first couple of times I tried to use the ntsc<>pal option it wouldn't let me, it seemed the disc didn't have the program, no way to open it (the evox screen where it would let me choose it displayed everything but the program choice.

Finally after letting the xbox reboot about 15 times (probably had nothing to do with it but I was getting frustrated), I put the slayer's disc in again and I was able to boot the video mode switcher.

I was kinda upset to see that it still read NTSC (I'm in the US), as I was hoping it was accidentally set to PAL. I pushed "B" to switch to NTSC, "A" to switch to PAL, and "B" again to switch back to NTSC....hit the triggers and "black" and it booted to the Evox dashboard that I had previously installed (HD came from a different xbox).

Please try this, if you can't boot anything PM me and we can work something out. I would probably be pulling my hair out still if I didn't have the info you've posted. Thanks

PS If I wake up in the morning and its back to rebooting I will shoot the first person I see.

Edited by justtaint, 10 January 2004 - 06:12 AM.

#15 asnagrim

asnagrim

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 07:09 AM

I think you may be right about the problem being an ntsc/pal one...the xbox wont load either a pal or ntsc version backup, but it will stop the reset cycle when an ntsc version backup game is in the drive. I still havent managed to get slayers or an evox boot disc to load though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users