General Teamxecuter & (x3) News
Posted 23 May 2004 - 03:14 AM
>> From teamxecuter.com:
We are happy to present a revised feature list of X3 - the most feature packed BIOS and mod hardware ever designed for the Xbox.
As you can see we have now added full I/O support for LCD as well as expanding the i2c bus to support LCD modules that require only 4 wires - we will also do some kind of bundle deal where the LCD would cost only an extra $10 to $20.
The mod is designed to give you a hassle free install (we provide everything you require - no need to solder extra wires for extra functions such as LCD support or any switches you may want to use)
Not only is X3 powerful - itís also a lot of fun to use. Those who like toying with their bios will love X3 Config Live.
The first round of beta versions were shipped today to our core developers. Once we have finalized any changes X3 will ship to our public beta list which we have carefully selected over the last couple of weeks.
There is so much more we are going to add to the bios in future - as we have always done for you in the past, not to mention the expansive windows based software that is also being developed to make your mod experience even better. Currently we are finishing the addition of v1.6 support to our BIOS which would of course be of some use to those who want to play games / run unsigned code.
We have worked so hard on the quality of X3 in the last few months - we sincerely hope that you enjoy our efforts.
* 2MB Flash Rom With 15 Bios Storage Options
* Dedicated 256K Backup Rom with a new Linux based bios (Can be upgraded to any bios you wish)
* i2c Bus for X3 Config LIVE!
* New Enhanced SPI / i2c Interface for Full LCD support
* New Enhanced I/O Bus for Full LCD support (and other future hardware addons)
* All LCD modules to be custom made with adapters so no soldering required (also currently testing with a new 320x200 Matrix LCD)
* Flash Protection Control
* Mod Disable - Quick Press of Power or Eject (External LED will indicate RED LED)
* Hold Power+Eject >1 second to boot from 256k Backup Rom (External LED will indicate YELLOW LED)
* Hold Power >1 second to boot from 2Mb Flash Rom (External LED will indicate GREEN LED)
* HDD Activity LED
* LAN Activity LED
* LPC/D0 Alignment LED
* D0/A15 Control
* Wire Install Option + Included Wire adapter
* Pin Header Install Option
* No-Solder Pogo Pin Install Option will be available
* New LPT based external programming interface (CPLD controlled)
* Compatible with all current bios's
* Supplied with all adapters & wires
X3 Config LIVE!
All X3 Config Live! features are displayed on screen
* All works direct from new X3 on any new install.
* Select which bios bank to boot from on-the-fly
* Switch to either retail bios mode or FULL debug bios mode
* Display / Edit bios names from each bank
* Full DHCP & Static IP Support
* Built-in FTP Server with Boost Mode
* Built-in Webserver
* Flash BIOS via HTTP
* Flash BIOS via FTP
* New FTP Based Bios Storage System
* Control all BIOS / Mod functions and settings from HTTP
* Enhanced BIOS flash speed (256k - 2 Seconds, 1MB 10 Seconds)
* Built-in Onscreen Keyboard
* Customize all features of the bios on-the-fly
* LBA48 Live Control (Select Partition 6 or 6+7 or stock hard drive)
* IGR Live Control (Enable or Disable)
* Quick Launch Feature (select different features to be executed with gamepad combos)
* Customize startup animation colors on-the-fly (With Active Color Picker System)
* Customize startup flubber colors on-the-fly (With Active Color Picker System)
* Change Camera Angles of the startup animation (select between 15 options or choose random)
* User selectable startup logo
* Skinnable interface
* Password your XBOX for extra security
* Change your power LED color on the fly
* Set your Internal Fan Speed on-the-fly
* Enable or Disable Reset on eject hack
* Enable or Disable the Xbox Live Connect Hack
* Boot to original MS Dash
* Boot to original MS Bios
* Load Bios from HDD C, D, E, F and Flash
* Load Bios from DVD-ROM and Flash
* Format & Partition HDD
* Lock / Unlock HDD
* Set / Display Video Mode
* Progressive Scan Control (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i)
* Set widescreen / letterbox
* New Audio Options (User selectable background music)
* Set / Display Game Region
* Set / Display DVD Region
* Display HDD Password
* Display All Xbox Live Configuration
* Display All Network Configuration
* Display all Eeprom public and encrypted data
* Save XBOX EEPROM to X3
* Restore XBOX EEPROM from X3
* Auto Save EEPROM to X3 on first install
* Save Settings to EEPROM
* Set default dashboard
* Setup custom dashboard selection (5 Options)
* Set drive to boot dash from (C E or F)
* Auto Fix of corrupt date / time
* X3 Software Intergration to other dashboards
* Brand new X3 Bios Manager for the PC - MANY new features including full BIOS configuration via built in webserver
(May 23 00:39 GMT+1)
Posted 25 May 2004 - 08:33 PM
>> From teamxecuter.com:
We have received a number of emails asking what the differences were between our first preview feature list in December and the one we posted over the weekend. Here is a synopsis of what we've had time to do over the last couple of months.
* added a full I/O bus for LCD and other new hardware
* expanded the i2c Bus to accept LCD screens (only 4 wires)
* added full DHCP and static IP support to both the ftp server and webserver functions
* fully compatible with Qwix(info) & Super Fast FTP Boost Mode (you wont get faster!)
* added webserver (we will expand the webserver greatly over the coming months)
* designed a new external programmer
* manufactured new pogo adapter
* designed and manufactured "PRO" external adapter (pictures shown in previous news)
* added extra X3 Config Live functions
* fixed countless bugs from first beta
* improved the design footprint
We've also spent some time redesigning the hardware to use a much more secure CPLD controller - to protect our userbase from poor quality clones which have plagued the market recently due to ozXodus using an easy to hack CPLD.
We are currently finishing up the final hardware design, adding some LCD stuff to the Bios, adding some new webserver functions, finishing some ftp work and a few cosmetic bits and bobs. We will be monitoring our customer base closely and will work hard to resolve an bugs or any extra features that you may require. Updates will be fast and forthcoming.
We're hoping to get a final OK on the software over the weekend and final hardware by next weekend. Then we will ship to xbox-scene and others on our preview list (do not request to be added to this list please - its already closed) for a final review / beta before we mass produce to the end user.
We can announce that we will be giving away 500 free X3 to the scene as a thank you for your patience in this long project. We are sure when you finally get to use the mod you will understand why we spent so much time on its quality and feature packed performance.
(May 25 20:14 GMT+1)
Posted 09 June 2004 - 01:42 AM
>> From teamxecuter.com:
We expect to ship the first sample of X3 to the main review sites sometime this week (about f***ing time you say ? heh) the mod we first planned is so different from the one we have actually ended up with - hence the stupidly long development time. We have a changelog somewhere that adds a different feature or change of hardware on average every few days - maybe it will get released sometime for someone's amusement We're very pleased with the results and are already working on ideas for future software updates and add-ons. After the mod has been beta'd by those on our test list (about 30 ppl - we estimate around a week to gather data) - we should have enough info to make any last minute changes to the software and will then be ready for a final release. We are working towards the end of June - try not to hold us to that date but its looking good. Only 6 months later than we originally planned - but at least we won the bet that it would be out before Half Life 2
There have been some nice additions to the Bios and there is some awesome work on the pc app project. We expect the app to be in full swing after the mod has been released. We also expect regular bios updates giving many new features.
The first release may not include v1.6 support - the priority right now is to get everything working nicely - be assured that we will be finishing work on the v1.6 either on release or shortly after (a simple bios update - mod hardware will be compatible).
We are also planning on running a cvs for our Cromwell(info) based FlashBIOS. We'd like to see the scene develop a bios/app that is specific to controlling modchip hardware and can be used on any mod (not just Xecuter). All contributors will have the opportunity to win $ thousands in prize money and hardware. All code will be 100% public and will give an insight as to how a linux kernel/app can control a modchip. More info on this later once X3 is in the wild.
As a last note we recommend you check this Xbox Customization Utility coded by PeerX - useful for those who want to paint up / skin their Xbox. http://contentdownload.com/
(June 8 02:09 GMT+1)
Posted 10 June 2004 - 12:26 PM
>> New info from Team Xecuter:
The first batch of public betas have just rolled off the press. Hopefully by next week we will have a bunch of feedback and reviews to help us complete any finishing touches. You will notice two switch designs. The black PCB design is a rough draft of what will be shipped with the mod. The more professional design will be an optional extra (and will include built in infra red support). Of course you also have the option to not use any switches at all as the mod is completely software controlled. The external modules are for those like a few bells and whistles
Check out more pictures at teamxecuter.com
(June 10 07:56 GMT+1)
Posted 15 June 2004 - 02:03 AM
>> Team Xecuter posted a funny/joke 'review' of the X3:
Our friends over at geekrevolution.net have posted the first review of the X3 mod. Take a look at their irreverent methods
Gave 5 chips out this morning - the average comment was f**king brilliant
(June 15 05:55 GMT+1)
Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:55 PM
>> From Team Xecuter:
What can we say. What an absolutley stunning response to the X3 Rox My Box Challenge. Never before have we seen such response and enjoyment out of an Xbox Scene competition. Such fun to have a weekend where a few hundred people pulled together to have a few laughs without any drama. The competition proved to us and to everyone the level of support that Xecuter has on a global scale - and it also showed the kind of people involved in the scene - absolutley nuts
The original plan was to give 10 Beta versions of the X3 mod to those that wouldn't normally get the opportunity to test a pre release modchip. However that figure went out of the window in the first hour. We had over 400 picture submissions and the thread had over 40,000 views over the first 24 hours. Some of the pictures were imaginative, some crazy, some funny as hell and some down right dirty
* Our main objective was to get a topless girl on the M$ campus wearing an xbox-scene.com T-Shirt and holding up the X3 sign. We thought it would be tough to get just one of these shots but in fact we got 2. The prize money for these shots was $1000 to the best one. Now we can go about this two ways, the public can vote for the winner OR both entrants can decide if they would like $500 each and an X3 mod. This keeps things nice and fair but it is entirely up to the two that submitted the pictures. So if MRFAUST & SIRUSDV can send me a private message using this site[teamxecuter.com] - let me know what you would like to do.
* We also have a few "Instant Winners". These are our personal favourites and also they are actual location requests that we made in the #xecuter3 channel. The winners are: Bamelementch, blackdevl, callit, donor, gcskate, keystroke, microchip, quest, rh387, scrollio, shadox, thebishop, xcel, marmite.
Well done to you guys. If you can send me a private message on this site[teamxecuter.com] with your mailing address I will get things moving for you right away.
* The other three categories are "Adult", "Landmarks" and "Funny / Others". You can vote for your favorite pictures and the Top 10 will win. Some users have submitted multiple entries - their votes will be counted. We have anti spamming scripts in place and you can only vote once per picture per ip. If we see anyone trying to spoof the voting that picture will be deleted. The judges decision is final (i.e. Xecuter) and we don't want any begging or moaning in the channels please. Remember this competition was/is for fun (and it most certainley was) let's see if we can continue the good spirit that you have all shown over the last couple of days. There are more competitions to follow shortly - some crazy and some serious and technical - we will cater to everyone.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank Xbox-Scene, Avalaunch(info), XboxMediaCenter(info) & Xbins. Our co-operation and freindship will continue to drive the scene forward "ONE SCENE"
We also have a list of serious beta Testers. You guys know who you are and you can xpect your mods to arrive within the next week. We appreciate your input and support.
NOW GET VOTING !!!
You can check out all images and vote on teamxecuter.com
(June 15 21:32 GMT+1)
Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:08 PM
>> From Team Xecuter:
We are pleased to inform you that the first samples of X3 have shipped to our list of "preferred" testers. This version has no i/o support and will include about 90% of the final Bios functions. We will be counting on a great deal of feedback to see success stories and also to see what bugs and requests for change need to be addressed.
The final X3 will now have 16 I/O ports to support a multitude of future add-ons. We have developed a Parallel LCD interface which will require no soldering and will simply be plug n play. This will be deveoped in time for the final version. We are also currently developing a 320x200 LCD system - stay tuned!
We have also successfully implemented the new HDD upgrade function. It's so fast and simple to use - boot X3 with new HDD, select New HDD Upgrade (you can also set your LBA48 settings on the fly) - Your drive is partitioned and ready to FTP at upto 11,000 kb/sec in less than 5 seconds (This is included in the beta trials).
The hardware info section now has an Xbox version checker & video encoder checker - including the new Xcaliber.
Another new feature is the User Selectable Startup Logo. Instead of it saying XECUTER3 or MS you can have any logo you wish - n color too! Now the great thing about our new version is that before you had to manually convert the bmp image to raw data using some dos app - our new bios will convert it to raw format on the fly so all you need to upload to your xbox is xecuter3.bmp
The new FTP Bios Loader is brilliant. You simply FTP into your Xbox - select the admin folder and you have 4 options - 2048k, 1024k, 512k and 256k. If you have a 1MB (1024k) bios which is the size of the X3 bios - simply open up the 1024k folder. You then get two more folders Banks1234 and Banks5678. Choose which bank set you wish to store the bios and upload. Your bios is flashed and verified in seconds
These are just a few of the many, many USEFUL and FUN features you will be playing with.
(June 16 21:08 GMT+1)
Posted 28 June 2004 - 02:34 AM
>> I received an Xecuter3 beta sample about 1week ago and I've been able to test the latest "X3 OS" beta builds.
What can you do in the software so far (keep in mind it's beta ... so more features may be available at launch):
+ 'X3 Live' - editing your X3 bios on-the-fly directly on your Xbox (screenshot).
You can enable/disable: Autostart X3 OS or dashboard, In game reset, debug bios, XBLive disable, No reset on eject, LBA mode, dashboard boot priority (fully flexible: filenames, bootdrive and order (max 4)), clock error-check (screenshot).
You can also change all Xbox Logo colors, flubber colors, flubber animation or use full color custom boot up logo. Disable or enable the start-up flubber animation, wireframe flubber and TM logos and choose the power-led color while you're in the X3 software.
Quicklaunch allows you to fastly boot a chosen executable from HD in the X3 sofware using the trigger button.
+ Network support: FTP with avalaunch compatible boost-mode and http (web).
+ Flash chip per bank from CD/DVD/HDD/FTP/HTTP (screenshot).
The X3 software uses 1MB ... but it ofcourse already includes the X3 bios (hacked MS bios).
+ Bios naming and launching as you want(screenshot).
You can select your bios bank from software (via X3 OS) or with the hardware dips on the external adaptor.
+ Backup and restore (on chip or on FTP) (screenshot)
and modify all EEPROM settings (video region, video mode, Fan speed, Date/Time). Also LCD settings (doesn't work yet in beta) and password protection (screenshot).
+ Format specific drives of HD, install new HD, lock/unlock HD (screenshot - screenshot).
Posted 28 June 2004 - 02:35 AM
+ Full Hardware info (can also be saved to file on Xbox HD): X3 info, Xbox Info (Xbox version and other specific hardware versions/info (screenshot)),
HDD info, DVD info, HDD Partition Info, Xbox Live Network Settings and all encryption keys (screenshot).
+ The X3 has a backup bios (256k) on separated chip. So if anything goes wrong with the default flashchip you can always use this to boot.
+ And some other specific features in the X3 software: cold reboot IGR, sreenshots, ...
I've also finally been able to make some High Definition pictures of the chip. Keep in mind this is beta hardware, the final will probably look a bit different.
3 big pics:
The X3 beta I got requires 2 more headerpins then a X2.x mod (LPC #13 and #14). There is also a plug with the wires for D0, HDD activity (optional), LAN activity (optional) and 2 wires for eject/reset detection (will probably be detected from software in final). If you press power button, Xbox will boot with onboard bios (modchip off), if you press power+eject for 1+ sec it will boot backup bios, if you press power-button for 1+ sec it will boot bios on X3 selected by dip switches. (note that this might change in X3 final - short press on power will have modchip enabled and 1+ sec press modchip disabled).
The wire-adaptor changed on the X3 ... the wires now link to a headerpin, so even if you do a wire-install you have a headerpin and you can easily swap modchips.
Team Xecuter told us this will be added to final/retail X3:
* New Linux based backup bios with many new features
* PC app to take complete control of your xbox and modchip
* 16 bit I/O. Many ports open for expansion.
* 320x200 LCD support
* Optional solderless install adaptor
* X3 final will be available without external switch (you can only select bank via software-control then), with a simple external switch (similar to the one shipped with beta) or with the pro switch (the 'design'/funky version)
* If you boot from any other bios - you can switch to different X3 banks from any dash - TX will release all sources for dashboards to add this.
* And many new features added to the "X3 OS". The X3 software and bios can be updated ... so new features can be added whenever TX wants.
Official Site: http://www.teamxecuter.com
(June 28 01:35 GMT+1)
Edited by Chancer, 23 July 2006 - 10:26 AM.
Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:14 PM
>> Team Xecuter posted the results of the "X3 Rox My Box Challenge".
You can find all the names of the cashprice and Xecuter3 beta winners on their forum.
Posted 04 July 2004 - 08:18 PM
>> From teamxecuter.com:
Our friends over at MoDorDie.com have compiled a review of the X3 mod - check it out by clicking here. http://modordie.com/X3Review.htm
The beta program was a runaway success. Within 4 days all bugs were fixed and the majority of feature requests were implemented. The final 16Bit IO design is currently being approved with new libs written for XBMC v1.xx. The final version will be shipped to XBMC team and a few selected deveopers to put the final touches to the mod.
Other news is the we have now officially ended production of all X2.3 Pro and X2.3 Lite Plus modchips. X2.3 Lite will continue however with a new and improved no solder adapter also available. We expect these to start shipping to our resellers within the next week. The X3 no solder adapter is also in production and more will be revealed about that later.
The X3 win32 application has also made great progress, we expect completion in the next couple of weeks along with the X3 Pro External Controller (P.E.C) which is in the process of having all its infra red capabilities implemented into the design. We also have a new design Xbox Case which we hope to be on the shelves during the summer.
Please also note that all X2 Rox My Box challenge ©WINNARS will have their mods shipped shortly.
(July 4 14:48 GMT+1)
Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:13 AM
>> From Team Xecuter:
A new version of Xecuter2 Bios Manager(info) has been released. What's new/fixed:
* Now Supports Evox M8
* No io.dll errors when simply messing with bios's (no programming via LPT)
Also here's an X3 desktop wallpaper we knocked up due to some requests - download here
Apologies for not many updates in the last couple of weeks. We can tell you that X3 hardware is all finished and now in production at the factory. Our new X2 No Solder adapter (Xapter) is now in stores and you will find is a much higher quality device than its predecessors (no messy wires soldering pins together, higher grade of contacts used, higher quality moulding process, professional packaging etc). Also we will update you on the correct way to install X2.3 on v1.6 machines when we get a little time over the weekend.
We have a few extras being added to the X3 Bios and our 1.6 / X3 win32 app / Linux development is in full swing too.
All X3 Rox My Box winnars will now get the Final X3 with an extra bonus - a free 20x4 LCD screen as a thank you for your patience while we've ironed out a few bugs.
Official Site: http://www.teamxecuter.com
Download X2 Bios Manager v2.2: http://dwl.xbox-scen...sh/x2bm_v22.zip
(July 16 23:20 GMT+1)
Edited by Chancer, 23 July 2006 - 10:26 AM.
Posted 21 July 2004 - 01:17 AM
>> Team Xecuter released this picture of the Xecuter3 final PCB with some changes compared to the beta PCB we received a while ago.
(July 21 00:56 GMT+1)
Posted 25 July 2004 - 04:55 PM
Package includes the Xapter Solderless Adapter, Rivits and the replacement screw needed to attach the adapter to the motherboard.
Compatible with all Xecuter X2 Chips, and all motherboard versions from 1.0-1.5.
Expect a review shortly.
Until then here's some hi res pictures: hsdemonz.xbox-scene.com
Buy Now: System-Mods, Divineo,
(July 24 12:19 GMT+1) -
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users