Alec

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 January 2004 - 06:19 PM

Okay...so I flashed my Xecuter 2 LITE with a really old BIOS and totally rendered it useless. I had a bigger, unlocked (and un-lockable) HDD in the XBOX, so the system would not boot with the modchip turned off because the HDD isn't locked, and is unable to be. Well, after trying 5 other HDDs, all unable to be locked, I just decided I'd buy another stock XBOX HDD so I could at least get my system working again, even if I couldn't use the modchip. Well, it completely slipped my mind that I would be needing the unlock key for this new HDD to be able to re-lock it with my old key (I backed up my C drive and EEPROM.BIN before this whole mess) so when I got the Error Code 06 when it came in the mail, I immedeatly realized the important fact that had slipped my mind before. I'm going to try to get the guy to dump his EEPROM.BIN so I can grab the unlock key, but if I can't get that, I need to know two things...

1) Is there any way to unlock this HDD without the original owner's unlock key?
2) If I DO manage to get the unlock key, WOULD I be able to re-lock the HDD with MY XBOX'S unlock key, so I wouldn't get the Error Code 06 when booting up with the new HDD?

Someone please save an old-timer's arse.

#2 vidgms4me

vidgms4me

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 08:32 PM

1) No, not as of yet.

2) Yes, you should be able to.

#3 Alec

Alec

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 12:35 AM

Alright, got the original key and I'm booting into DOS and using the HDD Unlock, Disable and Lock programs. I'm unlocking using the original key and all of the programs detect the HDD, and when I use Unlock it says "Done." but when I check with ATAPWD.EXE, it says it's still locked. Using the key to "UNLOCK WITH MASTER PASSWORD" in ATAPWD yeilds a "Drive Is Not Ready."

So it still won't unlock, even with the original key. It's a Seagate...right now it's set to Primary Slave...any suggestions?

Considering this does somehow work, would I disable the ATA Security after unlocking, or would I keep it enabled and just re-lock the HDD with my old key?

Edited by Alec, 10 January 2004 - 12:35 AM.

#4 Alec

Alec

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 02:23 AM

Bump.

Edited by Alec, 11 January 2004 - 02:24 AM.

#5 Alec

Alec

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 04:22 PM

Bump. sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users