• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tomtnt

tomtnt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2002 - 08:28 AM

Is the X-ecuter chip flash upgradable? IF not, then it would be obsolete the moment a new EVOX bios gets released or M$ changes their protection, right?

At least with the 29 wire mods, you can reflash the internal bios with the newest EVOX. With the X-ecuter mod, you can't use EVOX to flash the internal bios, can you? They should really make it flashable - preferably via EVOX

#2 bearauto

bearauto

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 17 July 2002 - 07:49 PM

Question: The x-ecutor cannot be flashed, so that means if new games come out and developed with knowledge of the mod, you would need a new mod? correct?

Answer: No! You don't even need a new mod now if you are modded; you can flash your onboard BIOS with the Evo-X BIOS or a new one later!

>>Taken from xboxhacker.net boards...I have no idea what this means, but the answer was given by SiliconIce, who runs the xboxhacker boards.

#3 XanTium

XanTium

Xanta Powa!

• Admin
  • 3,110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 July 2002 - 08:44 PM

you can flash the internal BIOS with any mod.

You just need to solder 2x2points together to enabled onboard flashing. And you need a modchip installed so you can boot the flashtool.

Once intrenal BIOS is flashed you can remove the modchip.

More info here : http://www.xbox-scen...ticles/tsop.php

#4 pixletz

pixletz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 08:35 PM

I dont quite understand what you said but, im also wondering... if i buy the x-ecuter and ms makes a protection against it i need a new mod chip or do i have to do extra soldiering??? or can u flash the x-ecuter?

#5 Fredas

Fredas

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 July 2002 - 12:41 AM

Flashing the onboard bios is a solution, yes. Until, of course, software developers start specifically checking such things. Then you'll be wishing you had a way to switch between bioses. My solution to this possibility was simple. I ordered a BioXX. And I won't be touching the onboard bios.

#6 pixletz

pixletz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 July 2002 - 03:37 AM

so i should go with open xbox? unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users