#1 menelik

menelik

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 10:12 PM

Hello!

I have just installed the aladdin chip on my 1.5 mobo. the soldering stuff should be fine. (yes, i made the ground and 3.3v brdiges). as far as i know the chip was empty. my problem is, that i have just two boot options.
first one (just tip the power button):
logo=green, boots as normal
second one (hold longer then 1 sec):
logo= blue
boots as normal, led is first red then yellow

whats the next step i gotta do!? i thaught i gotta flash the bios, but i dont get to the unprotected mode.

thx

#2 Arakon

Arakon

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 10:51 PM

if you get a blue logo it means the chip is already flashed with a proper bios. next install a dashboard of your choice, there's lots of topics on how to do that.

#3 menelik

menelik

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 07:04 AM

yeah, but shouldn the led be red=> orange=>green?

i have never got to green?

Edited by menelik, 11 January 2004 - 07:05 AM.

#4 [GS]EqUaTe

[GS]EqUaTe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 January 2004 - 08:31 AM

The main xbox LED should never go red.... Unless there is a problem (or you've swapped it round with the green one tongue.gif)

As for orange.. I've read it may have to do with the eject bit..

Of course, this may be different with the aladdin chip.

Have you tried inserting an evox boot disc, or slayers toolkit?
You might want to find an up to date guide for the aladdin chip you have and a 1.5 xbox.. It may be that there is something you missed in installation?
However, if it is already booting, then I don't think you need to worry too much.. See if it will boot evox.

#5 menelik

menelik

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 09:09 AM

slayers didnt work, dunno why. anyway, my evox bootdisk worked. i flashed my aladdin with the latest evoxm7 and the logo isnt blue anymore. i think that depends on the bios i flashed. lately i still dont know why my leds dont work. the soldering part should be fine, the chip seems to work. but i dont know if it is always unprotected or not. there is just orange, not blinking, nothing. also i dont see a blinking when i flash my bios or when my hd is working. whats going on with this chip?

#6 [GS]EqUaTe

[GS]EqUaTe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 10:33 AM

If slayers wasn't booting then it was likely to be the media.

As for the LED's, no idea.

At least its working! Which is more than I can say.

(alx2+ r3 hell.. bah!)

#7 evilxbox

evilxbox

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 04:12 AM

The main xbox LED should never go red.... Unless there is a problem (or you've swapped it round with the green one )

Sorry to tell you [GS]EqUaTe but the led has to go red when enableing the Alladin Advance chip. So is the chip designed.

An orange led with the chip enabled is for HHD activity.

Now go install a dash, i found out this. The newer the XboX the harder they can read different media. At least multiple 1.4 version couldn't read anything accept DVD-R.
So maybee that will help u trying to install a dash. Do not get sad when CD-WR doesn't work.

#8 wrc

wrc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:speed
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 12 January 2004 - 09:03 PM

i installed evoX dash on a 1.5 version, using a cd-rw. No problems. There has been problems with the 1.5 version if the cdrw burning is made faster then 4x. Problem for me was that there was no way of knowing that the modchip was booting or the original bios. Only difference was that the led turned yellow with 1 sec push on the button, and green with tap on the button. Since my first attempt to load the new dashboard failed i thought the chip was burnt somehow. But that was because the cdrw was bad. With new dash its so much better=) jester.gif

#9 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 January 2004 - 09:21 PM

Quick Press the chip is off and the LED should be green.
Press and hold a second or 2 and the LED changes to a Yellow/orange colour and the chip is enabled
you should be able to tell if the chip is on or off just looking at the LED colour

#10 [GS]EqUaTe

[GS]EqUaTe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 10:12 PM

evilxbox: you may notice if you reread my post that I did indeed say that it may be different for the aladdin chip.

Personally, I don't think it should ever go red, unless you've swapped green and red round, but that is just my opinion.

Anyway. its after midnight. I have work in the morning. must sleep.

bah sad.gif

#11 Captain Wiggles

Captain Wiggles

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 09:26 AM

With the Aladdin, LED colours and sequence depend on:

Whch version Aladdin you have installed (32 or 64) and which BIOS is flashed to the chip and if the BIOS has been modified and which wires you have connected.

The orange led only represents hd activity in the 64 version.

Depending on the BIOS version alone, I've had aladdin's which:

When booting in chipped mode:

Cycle through Red, orange then green (in the space of about a second), then remains green.

Red to orange then remain orange.

Orange and remain orange.

In non-chipped mode, all the installations have green led.

I would not be concerned about the led sequences.

#12 ember

ember

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (menelik @ Jan 11 2004, 11:09 AM)
i flashed my aladdin with the latest evoxm7 and the logo isnt blue anymore. i think that depends on the bios i flashed. lately i still dont know why my leds dont work. the soldering part should be fine, the chip seems to work. but i dont know if it is always unprotected or not. there is just orange, not blinking, nothing. also i dont see a blinking when i flash my bios or when my hd is working. whats going on with this chip?

hi menelik,

i got exactly the same problem with you!! wink.gif

my aladdin is preflased with M7, therefore i never see blue logo. i installed aladdin plus on xbox 1.5.

what's the proper bios for aladdin, so i can see blue logo???

so far, i don't know if it is protected or not... this is important to me.. pls somebody help to figure out the solution. biggrin.gif

#13 ricos88

ricos88

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 03:23 AM

Could it be the L2 is soldered to the wrong point?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users