Car Theft...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 RiceCake

RiceCake

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:Wait, what the hell?<br />Your interested in what I do?<br />None of your damn buisness!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 January 2004 - 03:36 AM

So far, I have this list of vehicles I have had family or friends broken into or stolen.

1996 Chevrolet Silverado;
Stolen And Driven Approximately 32 Kilometers Till Out Of Fuel.
Broke Drivers Rear Window, Broke Steering Column, Broke Passenger Side Front Shock (Offroading?), Cracked Windsheild, Searched Through Items.

1992 Chevrolet Cavaleir;
Broken Into And Stole A Pack Of CD's From Under Drivers Seat.
Broke Drivers Side Rear Window.

1987 Buick Riviera
Stolen And Drivin Approximately 142 Kilometers Till Low On Fuel.
Broke Drivers Rear Window, Broke Steering Column, Broke Glove Compartment Hatch, Searched Through Items.

1991 Buick Riviera(?)
Broke Into And Attempted To Steal, Fortunately Car Is A Peice Of Shit And Wouldn't Start smile.gif.
Broke Drivers Side Window, Broke Steering Column.

Forgot The One That Happened Today:
2002 Ford Explorer
Broke Into And Stole Nothing.
Broke Drivers Side Rear Window, Searched Through Items.

Edited by RiceCake, 11 January 2004 - 03:40 AM.

#2 loai

loai

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Hacking, Fooling around.

Posted 11 January 2004 - 03:39 AM

Damn you must live in a bad neighborhood tongue.gif No worries all crappy cars neways wink.gif

#3 RiceCake

RiceCake

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:Wait, what the hell?<br />Your interested in what I do?<br />None of your damn buisness!

Posted 11 January 2004 - 03:42 AM

Yeah I live in Grand Theft Auto capital of the world. According to statistics, over 20 cars a day are stolen and returned to one of the insurance claim stations, and there is 4 of them. So that means, hmm, 80 cars?

The cops here are lazy asses. Trust me...

And yeah they suck cause they were easiest to attempt to steal. The 1991 Buick Riviera I actually saw them running from the car, they left the door open, wipers running and shit...

#4 DermicSavage

DermicSavage

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 04:26 AM

my car borke down just south of LA, i had to pull over on to the side of the freeway, i couldnt call in a truck to tow it so i called my friend to give me a ride home...

i go back a week later with a truck to get it back, and i swear all that was left was the shell mad.gif

#5 Hercules Q Einstein

Hercules Q Einstein

Scarface

• PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 January 2004 - 04:47 AM

yeah, it sure suck when your the victim... But man does it rule to get stuff free.

I broke into alot of cars when i was a kid (15-16) and my best advice is just lock your doors. Me and my friends would break into cars for fun, and take shit (stereos, CDs, Money, ETC). The thing is since we were just stupid kids we only bothered with car that were unlocked.

And from the stats i see crappy car are stolen the most.

EDIT: Just want to make it clear i dont still do that, its was just a couple of years ago before i got a brain and decided i didnt want to get caught..

Edited by Hercules Q Einstein, 11 January 2004 - 04:49 AM.

#6 Rocky388

Rocky388

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (DermicSavage @ Jan 11 2004, 01:26 AM)
my car borke down just south of LA, i had to pull over on to the side of the freeway, i couldnt call in a truck to tow it so i called my friend to give me a ride home...

i go back a week later with a truck to get it back, and i swear all that was left was the shell mad.gif

u left ur car on the side of a freeway for a week and expected nothing to happen to it?

#7 Juggerbot

Juggerbot

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 11 January 2004 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (Rocky388 @ Jan 11 2004, 07:06 AM)
QUOTE (DermicSavage @ Jan 11 2004, 01:26 AM)

u left ur car on the side of a freeway for a week and expected nothing to happen to it?

lol true...

#8 Wong Hung Lo

Wong Hung Lo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Interests:Modding my Sampo DVD players,Tivo, ReplayTV and my Xbox.<br /><br />Being a soldering elitists :)

Posted 11 January 2004 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (RiceCake @ Jan 10 2004, 11:36 PM)
So far, I have this list of vehicles I have had family or friends broken into or stolen.

1996 Chevrolet Silverado;
Stolen And Driven Approximately 32 Kilometers Till Out Of Fuel.
Broke Drivers Rear Window, Broke Steering Column, Broke Passenger Side Front Shock (Offroading?), Cracked Windsheild, Searched Through Items.

1992 Chevrolet Cavaleir;
Broken Into And Stole A Pack Of CD's From Under Drivers Seat.
Broke Drivers Side Rear Window.

1987 Buick Riviera
Stolen And Drivin Approximately 142 Kilometers Till Low On Fuel.
Broke Drivers Rear Window, Broke Steering Column, Broke Glove Compartment Hatch, Searched Through Items.

1991 Buick Riviera(?)
Broke Into And Attempted To Steal, Fortunately Car Is A Peice Of Shit And Wouldn't Start smile.gif.
Broke Drivers Side Window, Broke Steering Column.

Forgot The One That Happened Today:
2002 Ford Explorer
Broke Into And Stole Nothing.
Broke Drivers Side Rear Window, Searched Through Items.

Haven't you heard of a device called a car alarm? I figure that they have them where you live. I'm guessing that you live in Canada since you use the metric system.

#9 RiceCake

RiceCake

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 04:20 PM

Yep I'm from Canada, where the Kilometer is usually substituted for the hour. Yeah they have car alarms, but like every-other-place in the world, who cares if an alarm goes off and who would put it these cars?

Lol, well, 'The Club' sells good here. They want a ride, not have to hack off the fucking steering wheel. In fact, if the steering column was steel instead of plastic, we wouldn't have vehicle theft like this. Too easy to just smash it off and bypass the key start system...

I can't wait 'till I get my own car. I expect it'll be broken into. I have low expectations for the people and policing in this town. Hell my mom's car (The 1987 Rivera) was stolen outta a fucking parkade! How the fuck do you miss a busted up car full of kids driving out of a parkade?!

Meh, I guess thats why we have insurance. My dad's truck, the Chevrolet Silverado, had a crack in the windsheild before it was stolen, and got it fixed for free. Lol, car theft happens so much it's not actually really 'bad' anymore. Its like 'Aww, they stole my car. Oh well, at least now I can get that scratch fixed jester.gif "...

Edited by RiceCake, 11 January 2004 - 04:22 PM.

#10 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 January 2004 - 04:51 PM

What's your beef with your local police? Surely you don't expect them to stand guard over your car while you sleep.

Once a car is stolen.. just pray it shows up at all.

There is zip you can do about the smash and grab theives.. but if you want to stop people from driving away with your vehicle.. find the fuse box and pull one or two when you exit the car.

Pro thieves don't carry fuses.. and amateurs don't give it a second though. No one will be driving your car away.

How well this scheme works.. is based on the location of the fuse manel in your car.. and how easy it is for you to get at.

#11 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 January 2004 - 06:17 PM

My bike got stolen once, lol (actually it was not "lol" at all, because I was very sad)

There is very little vehicle theft where I live smile.gif

Fun Fact: Drivers in Saskatchewan drive the oldest cars on the road, an average age of thirteen years. That's only an average, so there are plenty of cars much older than thirteen years.

#12 Mage

Mage

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Jan 11 2004, 10:51 AM)
What's your beef with your local police? Surely you don't expect them to stand guard over your car while you sleep.

Once a car is stolen.. just pray it shows up at all.

There is zip you can do about the smash and grab theives.. but if you want to stop people from driving away with your vehicle.. find the fuse box and pull one or two when you exit the car.

Pro thieves don't carry fuses.. and amateurs don't give it a second though.  No one will be driving your car away.

How well this scheme works.. is based on the location of the fuse manel in your car.. and how easy it is for you to get at.

Yeah a friend has a dune buggy he made and since it is such a simple engine, anyone could hotwire it if they wanted, but when he walks away he takes two parts of the engine with him making it useless smile.gif

Works pretty good.

#13 wearsy

wearsy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (RiceCake @ Jan 11 2004, 06:20 PM)
Yep I'm from Canada, where the Kilometer is usually substituted for the hour. Yeah they have car alarms, but like every-other-place in the world, who cares if an alarm goes off and who would put it these cars?

Lol, well, 'The Club' sells good here. They want a ride, not have to hack off the fucking steering wheel. In fact, if the steering column was steel instead of plastic, we wouldn't have vehicle theft like this. Too easy to just smash it off and bypass the key start system...

I can't wait 'till I get my own car. I expect it'll be broken into. I have low expectations for the people and policing in this town. Hell my mom's car (The 1987 Rivera) was stolen outta a fucking parkade! How the fuck do you miss a busted up car full of kids driving out of a parkade?!

Meh, I guess thats why we have insurance. My dad's truck, the Chevrolet Silverado, had a crack in the windsheild before it was stolen, and got it fixed for free. Lol, car theft happens so much it's not actually really 'bad' anymore. Its like 'Aww, they stole my car. Oh well, at least now I can get that scratch fixed jester.gif "...

You're not from Regina are you? A lot of cars are stolen from there...just curious

#14 sulfur

sulfur

Super Xbox Saiyan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 January 2004 - 01:15 AM

i like the fuse idea, never really thought of that. as for the car breaking down on the highway, i see it alot in ATL, like on a monday i pass by a car, tuesday, car = broken window, wednesday car = on blocks, no wheels, thursday car = no door, friday car = no fender, next monday car = wtf? where is it? wink.gif

#15 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 January 2004 - 01:47 AM

My friend's integra type r, had it's rear spoiler ripped out of the sockets literally while parked outside his home in washington dc, worst i've had happen is someone at school break into my car via window, and my friend caught him doing it, so nothing was taken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users