3 replies to this topic

#1 pxpx

pxpx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 03:19 PM

tried playing halo last night via system link, 2 xboxes, 1 modded 1 not modded. the modded box was playing a backup of halo from the hdd, the other box was playing from dvd drive. we had 7 guys playing and the game kept freezing. we then tried using an original disc in both xboxs and the same thing happened. when we swapped out the modded box for a non modded box everything ran smoothly.

Anybody have any ideas why the game frooze while the modded box was in use? it's a v1 box with a matrix modchip and tommy disc drive, an 80g 7200rpm maxtor hdd unlocked in an external drive caddy so that i can easily swap my hdds.

the modded box plays single player and split screen halo fine, it just freezes using system link.

Edited by pxpx, 11 January 2004 - 03:22 PM.

#2 Melb_Xbox

Melb_Xbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 06:55 AM

you may have a faulty cable.....

is your xbox PAL? if so make sure both systems are set to the same value for pal60 in the ms dashboard.

i doubt its a problem related to a 'chipped' xbox.

Edited by Melb_Xbox, 12 January 2004 - 07:05 AM.

#3 pxpx

pxpx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 10:54 AM

it's ntsc and the cable is fine, i used the same cable between 2 other xboxes and it worked great.

#4 Melb_Xbox

Melb_Xbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 07:08 AM

i'm assuming you have the latest evox and that all systems are running the same dash?

i can't remember exactly what i did to make mine work again but i was having the exact same problem.....

i deleted the xbox's cache files (i.e. everything under drives X, Y, Z). & also deleted the game from the hdd and copied a fresh version across.... but this didn't seem to have an impact.......

have you tried to run any other games that you can test the system link on?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users