1 reply to this topic

#1 Devedander

Devedander

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 09:13 PM

I tried the slayers disc that worked fine on my xbox on my friends xbox. For some reason when it tried to copy to his HD it just went through the actions but said it was done REALLY fast (about 3 seconds while mine took over 1 minute). Upon reboot his xbox gave an error. Now when you try to boot with the slayers in it comes up with error 16, but half the screen is black (from top left corner to bottom right, everything under is black, the other half shows the error 16 like it's a vid problem).

I opened up both our xboxes, when I hook his HD up to my xbox it loads off slayers disc and I can FTP in, but it won't let me write to it (all write oeprations fail) which is what I am thinking it does when slayers tries to write to it also.

When I put my Sammy 616t in his box with his HD I get the same error 16 with the weird screen.

His drive is completely empty. It is set to cable select, and as far as I know is locked (using a mod chip anyway).

I am at a loss because we can't get his box to boot properly, I am thinking it may be time to replace the HD but maybe there is something I am not thinking off?

Thanks for any help.

#2 Devedander

Devedander

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 12:08 AM

I am guessing somehow the lock code got changed on the HD or something and that the reason I could never write to it was that it was never being unlocked. Not sure because I couls still see the drives in my xbox, but with a 120gb drive replacing it (formatted on mine and left unlocked) his box now works fine, so we're gonna leave good enough alone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users