#1 jman33

jman33

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 12 January 2004 - 04:44 AM

NO MORE POP UPS. NEW SITE UP AND RUNNING. ModYourXbox.com feel free to leave comments about the new site.

hey. i need someone to check out my site i built. i am not advertising. my friend visited and said there were a ton of popups. it is on a free server and when i visit there is one or two and i think maybe one when you leave. i just want someone else to check it out and give me some feedback. also if you want to comment on the design go ahead. i plan on adding some pics soon. the link is in my signature and also here:

Edited by jman33, 28 January 2004 - 03:56 AM.

#2 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 January 2004 - 05:38 AM

WARNING : POP-UPS

Thank god for Google Toolbar smile.gif

Anyways. It looks like a basic site. Basic when compared to other retailers. And it looks like you have good prices.

Overall nice site for a small "business".

#3 SSJDemon

SSJDemon

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 12 January 2004 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE (thegame_evolution @ Jan 12 2004, 02:38 AM)
WARNING : POP-UPS

Thank god for Google Toolbar smile.gif

Anyways. It looks like a basic site. Basic when compared to other retailers. And it looks like you have good prices.

Overall nice site for a small "business".

I agree, It could use a better layout though cool.gif

#4 jman33

jman33

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 02:39 PM

thanks for checking it out guys. i am working on finding a new server so there are no popups. if anyone wants to recommend a good hosting service feel free to let me know.

#5 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 January 2004 - 03:12 PM

Just about any service you PAY for will be POP-UP free.

Get away from the free shit.

#6 jman33

jman33

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 03:16 PM

working on it right now. will have a much better server with no stupid pop ups. also will work on a new design and new pics. also new domain name is coming. will post the link when it is up.

#7 itsjustme

itsjustme

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 04:31 PM

tried to access site and was killed with pop ups and a browser hijack attempt.
pay for a server if you really want to start a business

#8 jman33

jman33

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 03:58 PM

new site coming! no pop ups, no crap. just waiting for the url to become active. site will be www.modyourxbox.com

#9 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:34 PM

Some Constructive Criticism

I'm really against having flash buttons, the little goofy ones can make it look unprofessional.
Also double check your color codes, the top frame seems to have an off green and black, doesnt look good either,
Also a nice touch to customize your page is to add a css style to the scroll bar, and color code it to your site,
Available here http://www.htmlgoodi...crollcolor.html

Also
I noticed your pages are Untitled Documents up top, not a fan of that either, in your HTML put in <title>Ultimate Xbox Mods</title> above the body area

Also I suggest adding some info down at the bottom, like most mod sites have ex. MS is a registered trademark and in no way is affiliated with this page......

Other than that it looks pretty good, you probably want to play around with different screen sizes, to make sure it looks good in a majority, and keep to basic colors

#10 jman33

jman33

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 03:31 PM

thanks muffinman. i am new to web site design but would really like to get into it. i used dreamweaver to do that site. i see all these great looking sites but have no idea how they did the layout/background/design. for example i would say that http://www.xoxide.com is a good looking and professional site. how or what did they use to design it? also is there downloadable themes for dreamweaver?
new site is up and working (same layout but no popups and crap) ModYourXbox.com

also like the avatar muffinman.

#11 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 January 2004 - 09:30 PM

smile.gif not a problem I took a web design class in school that went over hardcore html (pages done in notepad) to Dreamweaver 5, to Flash 5. Dreamweaver is top of the line when it comes to webpage design, what alot of sites are doing is making the top banner all an image (if you right click and go to View Source) you should notice all the IMG tags in there for their banners. What I suggest is doing what I used to learn, buy the official Macromedia guide to Dreamweaver with little programming projects in it (www.macromedia.com) should have it, If you've pirated it, I suggest you delete and email them asking for the $100 dollar Student version (everything in it, just says student). Sadly I d/l'd a tagged copy and got nailed with it, but luckily thanks to a lawyer ended up only having to pay 100 dollars and a signed written letter saying I would not pirate their software again. It's well worth the money, and on www.macromedia.com they have downloadable content (most is free) just go to the Dreamweaver page, and it'll explain how to do it smile.gif

#12 jman33

jman33

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 03:04 AM

hey guys. check out the new site design. everything is almost done. looks way better.

#13 ProSam

ProSam

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 January 2004 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (jman33 @ Jan 26 2004, 05:04 AM)
hey guys. check out the new site design. everything is almost done. looks way better.

Looks much better,

#14 AnThRaX

AnThRaX

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 06:26 AM

I got a brand new sealed copy of dreamweaver mx2004 brand new unused still sealed newest version looking to trade or sell I got two of them got one from my grandmother who lives in michigan and i bought myself one but I got the other one later on so I just kept it since no reciept so I need to sell it or trade it. Its a very good program kinda confusing but if you know how to use alot of the stuff on there its a blast to use!

#15 quall

quall

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:37 AM

The design is too "baby blue" for me, but never the less, it has a good layout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users