Nexgen Developer

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 January 2004 - 12:35 AM

From Team Xos

Well guys here a simple screen design of our music manager we have started on its still a WIP.

We need suggestions on how it should function & how it should look so we are currently looking for people to post in
our forums on xbox-scene with there ideas .
Screen designs are also welcome. We need you help now to make this the best dash out (alot of work left) but it will be done.

#2 revengeismyfury

revengeismyfury

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Halo 3 Live, Anime, XBMC.
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 January 2004 - 02:10 AM

im not a good artist but it should beable to play all the soundtracks from the dashboards music and display the names of the soundtrack names and should beable to edit them or create a new one or even rip a cd onto it and should be able to play your mp3 and wma files from your mp3 folder in f: like you could add another location in the xml file for it too look for and other people can edit where their other music is stored hope the dash turns out good cant wait eya biggrin.gif

#3 Gus Man

Gus Man

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 02:49 AM

Everything revengeismyfury said and the ablity to play music from your computer.

#4 KOKITO

KOKITO

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 03:28 AM

abelity to stop whats playing and play list to be easy to add or edited copatible with winamp playlist stream files

#5 biqsuwwi

biqsuwwi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 03:28 AM

how bout a live 2.0 rip off for the design. Also will nexgen have a gamesave manager?

#6 niceguyfrisky

niceguyfrisky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 03:45 AM

maybe... later on or something... a visualization that can be made full screen, like XBMP with goom or something similar... but when not fullscreen have it run on the side like the regular dash

#7 danersays

danersays

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 13 January 2004 - 04:05 AM

Ok here is a quick idea.. its pretty much slapped together but just a general idea for the look..
user posted image
as it shows in there
i would love to see a ripper and a tag editor
The coolest would be to use cddb with ripping (but unlikely)
I am very glad to see someone is making something that looks like it may rival the xboxdash for cd stuff..
also i would LOVE to see a gamesave manager, then i would be a lot more comfortable using exploits rather than chips biggrin.gif

EDIT: The box with "soundtrack1 - Artist" woul load all the soundtracks, and a cd if present biggrin.gif

Edited by danersays, 13 January 2004 - 04:09 AM.

#8 Wyndle

Wyndle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 04:12 AM

I would love to see it more like a small MP3 player: Scrolling title for currently playing song and a slightly smaller (or dimmer text color) menu below with options for playlist, files, or network shares.

#9 ryktjoszef

ryktjoszef

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 January 2004 - 12:20 PM

Can you make it lossless compression friendly? ie..SHN, FLAC,
lord knows ya gotta have some sound quality!

#10 ericclemmons

ericclemmons

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 01:30 PM

just make it rip VBR 100% Mp3's. I've been using that for years, and I've yet to notice a diff, and i'm an audiophile

#11 dirkoneill

dirkoneill

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 01:52 PM

Honestly it's good to see that someone wants to make a decent music player for the xbox. I just installed xbox in my car so that i could have all of my music with me but there is not a decent music player. XBMC is too clunky. This should be designed similar to iTunes, iPod, or WinAmp 5. It needs to use id3 tags as the basis for browsing music. That way it is easily sortable by artist or a single album. It would make searching much easier too. Perhaps even an option to automatically launch the music player on startup. I had even thought about trying to develop my own music player. If you need help on development i am willing to work on it. I hope you go the route of the id3 tag.

#12 jayham66

jayham66

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 05:22 PM

I often DJ small gigs using two laptops and 20gb of MP3s, and I can tell you that MusicMatch has THE best interface for sorting, managing, creating playlists, searching, ripping, etc. Just take a page out of their book, and study their Jukebox interface closely. The ability to have a playlist displayed on the left, and your entire library displayed on the right, collapsable by artist (usng ID3 tag info) is incredibly convenient. If you can come up with a solution like this, then XBMP will find its way to the back burner!!! I don't really see the immediate need to include 'ripping' into the Xbox interface, because most folks who would be using this program would have their XBox connected to their PC anyway. A better feature would be the streaming server solution (Relax) to pull files from the PC, and support for the Xbox DVD remote is a must!!! You should be able to hit a key on the remote that pulls up a Search TAB and a keyboard so that you could search for songs quickly, even while the playlist is still running.

#13 muerte

muerte

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 06:51 PM

wait... why wouldn't you use xbmp/c to play your music?

#14 dr.no

dr.no

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 02:32 PM

Why not join the features of xbmp/c with the 3d graphics of nexgen? That would be a serious reason to change the dash, as it would be very similar to a msdash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users