XanTium

Xanta Powa!

• Admin
  • 3,110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 December 2002 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (M3_DeL @ Dec 1 2002, 07:17 PM)
LOL I don't listen??? no that is not why...I don't have respect because you guys come on in here and don't even come around to just chat you came in and just mod....How would you like it if some stranger came over to you house and started telling you what to do and what not....now put in a friend that has been living with you for a while who you already have respect for and what not. Then he says hey try not to do that or watch it that isn't for here!!!! What is less threatening...

All Im trying to say is hey lets be friends

And yes many of the posts in this thread are "illegal" meaning that they incriminate many of us. EG. " I have a xecuter mod installed and here is a pic!!!!" that my friend is illegal towards them.

And just requesting is not illegal.....it is the links that make it illegal. so instead of locking a post to let the noob know just post and say sorry can't link cause it is illegal. then he gets the point and isn't locked and what not. And cherio what you did that night is what you are here for.....did you not read the point that said I understand locking threads like the kazza and DC threads....That is not why I am upset....I am not mad at you as a person I am mad at the actions of a "new mod squad" tongue.gif

None of this is personal and I hope you all realize this....So if your getting offended then stop or else Ill aim the leathal butt in your direction.

Neways All I am asking is to lighten up on all areas.......Get to know us for a while before you play boss. And like I said editing threads is just as easy and less threatening....ask The leg. Rob.... he been doing it for ages. Neways Im on my way so Ill see you in the bunkers!!!!

**********Hand extended for a shake from everyone who posted in this thread*********

posting "I have a xecuter mod installed and here is a pic!!!!" is not illegal , atleast not in my country.
Is a picture of you taking XTC illegal ? no - so a picture of xecuter isn't either.

Request not only ask for something that can't be answered , it's also annoying ... atleast that's my personal opinion. If we would allow requests , don't you think alot more people would start posting request ?
It would actually become a trade-forum with 1000ths of requests - that are answered by PM or mail ... that's not the kinda forum I want this to be.

#62 Cheerio

Cheerio

Got Milk?

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 December 2002 - 07:54 PM

please tell him - mods go by rules that are set as a group; not just by ourselves.

#63 Dark Schneider

Dark Schneider

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 10:11 PM

M3 my friend, they seem to be missing your point entirely and are fixated on the whole locking and deleting threads which were just a small paragraph in what you were trying to get across.

If it's any consolation, I understand what you are getting at. I'll try to sum it all up.

Mods have a job of keeping this forum "clean" we all understand this.
Mods have the duty of determining what violates the board rules.
Mods also have the duty of explaining why said thread is in violation.

This has all been done quite well might I say in the past. The problem that is being brought up here, is that there has been ZERO discussion into why a lot of threads were nuked. Instead of locking, try editing the post and explaining why it should not be allowed. Rob does do a great job in killing threads nicely.

All M3 is trying to get at, if I may M3, is that without any explanation posts are being nuked and wiped off the board, and when asked why...we're basically being told.."fuck off..we know better than you..don't ask". Not directly, but that may be how some people are saying them.

We're not saying let this place go to shit..wait..you did run a Matrix promotion, so that is your own fault if it does! laugh.gif

Anyway too much has already been said that has not been said at all. Too much fixation is being placed on the examples that a few of us are trying to use to get the point across. M3 used the allagory of a house in reference to the community itself and how people react. He didn't mean it was his property, I'm sure of that. It was used to support his feelings of "how would you like it".

Remember this is a discussion, and no one is trying to take away any "powers" from you guys.It's not a military coupe you fruitcakes!

And yes I know I am correct in what I posted before as things being in the "grey area". Posting pics of any modification of your Xbox is breaking the INTERNATIONAL EULA that was agreed to upon purchase. It voids your warranty, there ya go. Proof that your warranty is voided. There's no arguement in that, it's physical proof.

Do you think that stopped me though...hell no! That was posted as an example of how far things would have to go if the board rules were STRICTLY followed to a "T".

We're all just guys having fun voiding our warranties though! We like to sit around these boards and discuss new and better ways of doing things. Please do not reply or fixate on just one point of what we are trying to get across. But if you have to, here is the point to look into. We want these forums to stay the best. That is all. And when we feel something is being done incorrectly to harm the board, we let you guys know.

I'm not sure why that is such a bad thing. If we thought you were all IVAN the terrible, we'd expect to get our accounts banned form this forum. You could if you wanted to, but that's not how this place works, but that may be how we see it is heading to. That is all.

There are no sides in this discussion. For we are all on the same.

Edited by Dark Schneider, 01 December 2002 - 10:14 PM.

#64 M3_DeL

M3_DeL

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 10:32 PM

That bout summed it up.

Again this is not personal!!!!!!! Cheerio stop making it personal.

All I wanted to do was bring the matter to the admins attention and now that has been done!?!?!?!?! Albeit they seemed to have missed my main points.

Non-the-less Lets all kiss and make up......before this gets any uglier. I am done as long as the mods are aware, and understand that I have loved these forums from the get go and I don't want to see that all go to crap.....

anyways *kiss* *kiss*

Lets all shake and leave with greater understanding of each other

Agree?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

edit: Also I was not trying to say that the mods are dumb idiots that don't know anything about the scene....I was trying to say that they are new to x-s forums. That is all... oh yeah and locking a thraead and saying get lost piracy kiddy?!?!?!?!? Let me say that, that is not very effective in edumacating noobs here.

Edited by M3_DeL, 01 December 2002 - 10:37 PM.

#65 LumbraX

LumbraX

BANNED AGAIN - Multiple Abuses

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • Interests:skateboarding
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 01 December 2002 - 11:35 PM

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

But M3 Del can you do us all a favor and STOP BASHING ON Bagel5009. Throught this last week almost all of your posts had to do something with Bagel being a spammer. To be honest with you Bagel hardly ever spams he just has fun on the Xbox-Scene forums and yet you are calling him a Spammer left from right. Has Bagel5009 done anything to you?

AND Who cares if some of us are new to the Xbox-Scene forums. We still know the rules and we still know alot about the scene. wink.gif wink.gif

Edited by LumbraX, 01 December 2002 - 11:37 PM.

#66 M3_DeL

M3_DeL

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 12:38 AM

Huh?!?!?!?!?!?!? blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

bagel not spam????? don't make me pull up posts

And when do I bash on him????????

AND Who cares if some of us are new to the Xbox-Scene forums. We still know the rules and we still know alot about the scene.

And where did I say you guys don't know anyhitng about the scene?????? Why do you put words in my mouth????

Edited by M3_DeL, 02 December 2002 - 12:41 AM.

#67 Cheerio

Cheerio

Got Milk?

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 12:51 AM

this thread is getting out of hand. and m3, mods make the call, and if i tell a pirate kiddie to get lost, i will.

#68 M3_DeL

M3_DeL

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 12:52 AM

The only reason this thread is geting out of control is because you always respond defensively!!!

#69 Cheerio

Cheerio

Got Milk?

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 12:55 AM

ok; how bout this.

god, way to be a mod jackass.

now, ^^^ is what this thread sounded like to me at first. if someone starting telling you how to do your job, wouldnt you get defensive?

Edited by Cheerio, 02 December 2002 - 01:00 AM.

#70 M3_DeL

M3_DeL

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 12:57 AM

well since I didn't write anything of the sort no I wouldn't I would try to figure out why the person was upset and figure out how to resolve the situation insted of acting childish and making it worse. And If someone said what you just said in the earlier post then I would just laugh and know that the person who said that is an idiot......

but I didn't say that so.......... and you are still defensive!!!!

Edited by M3_DeL, 02 December 2002 - 12:58 AM.

#71 Cheerio

Cheerio

Got Milk?

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 12:59 AM

god, your so fucking obtuse. i didnt say you actually said it..

i think you must realize, by having people critisize us for every damn move we make, it doest make our job any easier.

#72 M3_DeL

M3_DeL

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 01:05 AM

I don't understand why you are still taking this so personally???? And then call me names???? What is that resolving?

I see you edited you previous post.......real mature.....can't even keep your orig post up????

Edited by M3_DeL, 02 December 2002 - 01:06 AM.

#73 Cheerio

Cheerio

Got Milk?

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 01:14 AM

uh, i take this personally because you started a thread; attacking mods; and naming me as a quasi ring leader. and i edited my post; because i, unlike you, try to eventually make up for my faults.

#74 N00bvin

N00bvin

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 01:16 AM

If I was a mod in this forum, I would've locked it...

You guys, please... cut it out!!! This is like watching my family fight!!! M3_Del has been around here for awhile and he's earned my respect. He's a good guy... for crying out loud he works with a youth group... not that it makes him a Saint, but respectable.

Cheerio and LubraX... you're fellow Mods, so of course I respect you guys, and will stand behind your decisions as Mods. Do exactly as you see fit, and no one should judge it... except maybe Xantium and Syrus.

Bagel DID have a problem with spamming at first, but calmed down. M3_Del remembers more of when he first started posting.

This is a NON issue, the problem is "out there" and not "in here".

Everyone just drop this, okay? It's nice to have it "all out in the open", but let's let it go... no one is leaving, so we might as well get along. cool.gif

#75 N00bvin

N00bvin

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 01:23 AM

...okay guys... it can end here and now...

I'm sure M3_Del sees your side as well now, and just needed to "get it off his chest"...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users