#1 doctharock

doctharock

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 January 2004 - 11:35 AM

I have had the original NCAA Football 2004 disc for a while now and have been playing the game from the disc because I didn't have enough room on my HDD to copy it on to it. Well, I recently upgraded to a bigger HDD and want to put the game on the HDD mainly because games load so much faster off the HDD than the disc.
I used boxplorer to copy the disc to the hard drive and it shows up in my games list. I have copied numerous games from discs to the HDD so i know that I did it right, but everytime I select the game from the autoluanch menu the it goes the the evox loading screen like it is going to load, but everytime it goes right back to the evox dashboard. My rational thinking tells me that I need to change the default.xbe file with a hex editor. I know with some other games like All-Star Baseball 2004 you had to change a line of code so the game would load without the disc. Is this what the problem is? Has anyone else encountered this? If I do need to use a hex editor can someone tell me what line of code I need to change and to what? Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. I did a search in the forum but didn't turn up anything. Thanks alot.

P.S. Sorry for first posting this in the faq forum. Disregard that because I am a dumbass. biggrin.gif

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 January 2004 - 11:43 AM

Try using a different program to back it up. Try DVD2Xbox or HDD Loader. beerchug.gif

#3 ColKurtz

ColKurtz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 11:56 AM

Yeah, I'm able to play NCAA2004 off of my hdd and I used DVD2XBOX.

#4 doctharock

doctharock

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 12:32 PM

Thx, that was the problem, used DVD2Xbox and it worked like a charm rotfl.gif

#5 Xtrem

Xtrem

The Next Level

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 January 2004 - 12:41 PM

If You Whant To Save Space Try This

Edited by Xtrem, 20 January 2004 - 12:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users