• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mwarrior

mwarrior

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 11:31 PM

I tried searching but the engine's down sad.gif Anyway I installed my modchip and HD at the same time, but after logging on again I see that I have to back my original HD up too... so how do I back it up, and how do I set my new HD up for the X?

I already downloaded the software for the PS Emulator, but am lost after that... Any help/links would be appreciated.
Gagan
gagan@phat-rides.com

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 January 2004 - 12:12 AM

You need to put your old drive in, back it up (via FTP to your PC) then swap it for the new drive. Then you need to prepare the new drive somehow (i.e. Evox HDD Preparer or some auto-installer such as Slayer's).

#3 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 January 2004 - 12:16 AM

you need to install and flash your modchip, then create an evox boot disc (download evox, create an ISO containing default.xbe (rename evoxdash.xbe) and evox.ini (use craxiton to create the ISO), then burn to CD-RW w/ Nero.

After putting your original HDD back in the xbox, use that evox boot disc, then ftp into your xbox and copy the contents of your C and E drive.

then put the new HDD in the xbox, use the evox boot disc, the copy the contents of the C and E drives to the new HDD.

#4 mwarrior

mwarrior

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 12:25 AM

chefelf and Trevante: thanks.

Trevante: you said I need to install "and flash" it, is it necessary to flash it? I'm not sure if I have an LPT cable lying around uhh.gif ... Also its the Xecutor 2.3b Pro if that matters.

And where can I get evox from? Time to start playing True Crime as soon as I get all this crap figured out smile.gif
Thanks
Gagan

#5 chefelf

chefelf

• Head Moderators
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music

Posted 17 January 2004 - 12:39 AM

If you can avoid the LPT cable, just plug the chip directly into the port on your computer. It works much more reliably that way.

Sorry, you can't ask where to get files on this site. It's against forum rules. smile.gif

#6 mwarrior

mwarrior

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 12:43 AM

That should be easy enough. But is it required to flash it? And the flash I guess i'd be getting from who made the chip right?

As for the files, I guess thats true, thanks anyway smile.gif
Gagan
email - gagan@phat-rides.com

#7 chefelf

chefelf

• Head Moderators
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 01:03 AM

If you get an Xecutor Pro you have to flash it via the LTP port. You don't need the cable if you plug directly in. It can just be a little tricky depending on your setup. Easy if you have a laptop.

The Pro chips don't come flashed. The Lites come with the cromwell flashbios so you can flash it via CD/DVD.

#8 mwarrior

mwarrior

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 01:54 AM

I learn something new everyday. Any recommendations on what to flash it with?
Gagan

#9 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 January 2004 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (chefelf @ Jan 17 2004, 03:03 AM)
If you get an Xecutor Pro you have to flash it via the LTP port. You don't need the cable if you plug directly in. It can just be a little tricky depending on your setup. Easy if you have a laptop.

The Pro chips don't come flashed. The Lites come with the cromwell flashbios so you can flash it via CD/DVD.

well according to the XS modchip chart, the 2.3b pro has cromwell on it, so if he doesn't have a print cable, he can just flash it through CD.

#10 mwarrior

mwarrior

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 05:45 PM

Ok installation and everything is done. Next question, where do I put my backed up games on the HD?? :-D And how do I play them? Also if I used Slayers... do I still have to copy the previous HD's stuff to the new HD? It seemms to have done it all anyway.
Gagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users