2 replies to this topic

#1 madmatt

madmatt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 08:17 AM

Okay, I have media player for xbox and am trying to run off cdrw. The media is fine as I have burned many of games on it. I have put a divx file in a folder with the following media player files: xbpskin.xml , catalogue.xml, xbpconfig.xml, default.xbe. I editted the config file to read:
<configuration>
<media>
<localmedia>d:\media\video</localmedia>
<dashboard>xboxdash.xbe</dashboard>
</media>
</configuration>

I then used xiso to make iso image. I burned using nero. When I put cdrw in xbox, it says not recognized xbox cd. I have a v1.0 box, Thomson dvd, running a matrix mod with xecuter2 bios. What am I doing wrong? BTW I have tried other copies of xiso (I tried with some iso images I extracted and put together, they didnt work either). Please help!!

#2 madmatt

madmatt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 09:08 AM

Is the problem that I DO need to have media player installed on my xbox not just the files on my cdrw? I thought with the mod and those files on the cdrw it would play. Thats what I have been trying to find out and I keep getting the answer "yes you can play off cdrw. put these files on iso image and burn", but maybe noone is telling me I need to have it installed on xbox as well? sorry if this is noob question, but the "how to's" really suck for this one.

#3 madmatt

madmatt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 11:00 AM

nevermind.....I worked it out. To any other noobs in same predicament (predicim, pred....whatever smile.gif ) : use record now max and make sure to burn as data cd using UDF format.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users