17 replies to this topic

#1 oCfuu

oCfuu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 12:10 PM

As of Today we have an official support chan for the SmartXX. To reach it you need to get mIRC ( mIrc Homepage ) and connect to the Quakenet. There join the channel #smartXX . We just opened it today, so there are not a lot of people there yet ^^ But it would be great if you could join and idle! This way you'll get the latest news first!

See you there!

oCfuu

p.s.: Could a Mod please change this to an Important Topic?

#2 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 January 2004 - 12:27 PM

Having an IRC channel is not a pin worthy issue.

However.. have them mention it on their news pages.. and I'll add it to the news thread.. (and the news on XS)

#3 oCfuu

oCfuu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 01:00 PM

Thx dude!

Yeah its not that important, but it is good to have. Espacially in the beginning, that's what I think.
Well send out the news to spread the word on the chan.

Thx again for the help!

#4 wd-40

wd-40

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 25 January 2004 - 06:50 AM

[QUOTE=HSDEMONZ,Jan 17 2004, 02:27 PM] Having an IRC channel is not a pin worthy issue.

/~removed

Edited by wd-40, 28 January 2004 - 10:55 AM.

#5 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 January 2004 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (wd-40 @ Jan 25 2004, 03:50 AM)
I have offered my help and services to SmartXX but, I got blown off like their better than me but, obvisously...

Ya, sucks when someone doesnt have the same schedule as you and cant be paying attention to that same channel for the same 15 minute period of time.
[03:46:51] ::: join: (wd-40) (~whyask@12-217-75-85.client.mchsi.com)
[03:47:06] [wd-40] hmm... anyone awake?
[03:52:09] [wd-40] Where can I get the SmartXX Mod Chip at? Do you have any distro sites?
[03:52:27] [wd-40] Would thought more ppl be here...
[04:00:16] [wd-40] buh bye! I'll send you all some snickers while I buy an Xenium. Might be awhile. Anywhoot! Grab a coke and smile :)
[04:00:18] ::: quit: (wd-40) (Quit)

#6 oCfuu

oCfuu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 09:46 AM

Thx heinrich, that's about what i was to say.

If you are happy with your xenium, xecuter or any other chip, that's ok with all of us.

And the reason we picked Quakenet is easy:
Better security and more features. Ofcourse, they have a few netsplits here and there, but other then that QuakeNet is good.

We would've started a chan on eFnet but well... There is someone who really punshed us in the face and completely overtook the chan. Oh well I don't really care, we have one running on Quakenet and that's good.

Why shouldn't we have a chan? Even if we don't have 100 idlers there, we can still answer questions of people who are really interested.

If you don't like the chan, the SmartXX or our way of doing things then so be it. But please don't complain about us if we didn't anser to your request in a timespan of 15 mins....

Well that's what I think about the whole issue.

#7 wd-40

wd-40

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 01:04 PM

/~removed

Edited by wd-40, 28 January 2004 - 10:56 AM.

#8 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 January 2004 - 07:27 PM

We would've started a chan on eFnet but well... There is someone who really punshed us in the face and completely overtook the chan

Now.. if you'd like to discussed being "Punched" in the face.. we can do that.

You start a lame channel.. op me.. then either get separated by a netpslit or logoff.. whatever.. because of your shitty internet connection.. leaving only one person.. ME as an OP for days at a time.

Then.. you say you tried to contact me for 3 days.. I don't doubt that.. but I'm not online 24/7. I'm also NOT hard to find.. as most of this site and the XS channel can atest to.

When you finally returned after 3 days.. and asked for your OPS.. I gave it to you didn't I?

However.. your next comment wasn't THANK YOU.. it was.. now we'll DEOP you and add voice.

That sir.. is a PUNCH in the face for someone that kept the channel safe for you while you sorted your shitty internet connections. SmartXX competitors could have taken the channel and had some fun with it.. but as a supporter of ALL of the modchip groups.. I held it for you.

So.. I decided to return the favour.. and "punch" you back. De-Opped you.. made the channel private.. kicked everyone out.. and had someone else op it for 24hrs. (it's not like I wanted it or anything.)

So.. next time you wish to speak of being punched or punished.. you might want to reconsider your rude actions.

Think of it as a learning experience.

I believe the 13 years olds call it.. YOU GOT OWNED.

#9 wd-40

wd-40

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 11:31 PM

../-

Edited by wd-40, 28 January 2004 - 10:57 AM.

#10 oCfuu

oCfuu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 11:18 AM

@HSDEMONZ:
Well I think that you are taking this whole thing a little too serious... I did say thank you. And when I said now I'll deop you i was joking ( mark the ^^ ) behind that sentence. I think we should forget this whole thing. I said the wrong thing, which is true, I can see that now. But I think you kinda also over reacted by completely closing down the chan smile.gif Ah well it is how it is, I am sorry if I offended you or slapped you in the face by saying that. I just looked at my log files again, and I can see that I might've been a little bit bi*chy about the thing.
But from my side the whole thing is forgotten. Just wanted to let you know. I hope we can look over this incident and work together again in the future...

@wd-40:
What real story about the splitup between them??? That has nothing to do with the the two teams (ozx and smartxx) splitting up. That was something personal between HSDEMONZ and me. Has nothing to do with the two teams.

Now what about playing the trick with us, to see how we treat people? Well I guess I have to reply to that... You joined our chan and were seeking for someone to talk to. You wanted to become a reseller of the SmartXX. I told you to please sent an email to the address listed on www.smartxx.com and wait for an answer, as I am not responsible for that. You said you sent a few already, but no reply. I then said that the guys get a lot of emails, and you just need to wait a bit. After a while I even said that I will personally look into it and see what I can do.
But first I needed to ask you for reference: What other webpages you might be running, and experience in sales. And what did you give me?!
A link to a webpage, which is run by you, that sells "backup" copies of xbox games for 5$ a piece. After seeing this, I told you I am sorry, but we do not want to be affiliated with someone who sells illegal copies af games on the net. You said something about only a few people or your buddies buy them. I said no and period. That's just how it is.

I am sorry but how did I treat you in a wrong way, or act in a wrong way? I was nice, tried to help you. Then I saw you other webpage, which caused me (and others in the team) to change my mind. Why? Like I said above: We do not want to be affiliated with people who sell copies online.

Now I wasn't the only one in the chan who told you that. There were others (not on our team, but I wont state their names here) who told you also and who might've been a little clearer than me.

So please don't turn things around and say that we're the bad guys... I can post the logs if you want to.

I hope that clears the two things that were talked about in the last couple of posts.

I'm out,

oCfuu

#11 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 January 2004 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (oCfuu @ Jan 26 2004, 08:18 AM)
Now I wasn't the only one in the chan who told you that. There were others (not on our team, but I wont state their names here) who told you also and who might've been a little clearer than me.

So please don't turn things around and say that we're the bad guys... I can post the logs if you want to.

That was me wink.gif
I said everything in a public channel - I post logs of public channels all the time.

I hate backup sellers. I could care less if people pirate games - whatever. But people who take someone's work and profit off it like that is just something that I cannot stand.

I was the one giving you a hard time wd-40, the smartxx team did nothing but treat you with respect and were very polite to you. They have a bussiness to run, and I hope that they would choose to affiliate with only the most honest and reliable people they can find.

Just think about it. If you were applying to deliver pizza and told the manager that you would sell crack on the route to a few clients, you think you would get the job? wink.gif

#12 wd-40

wd-40

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 06:44 PM

As to what I do with a few of my close friends and family, that's what it is.

Edited by wd-40, 28 January 2004 - 10:58 AM.

#13 wd-40

wd-40

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 07:06 PM

/~edit

Edited by wd-40, 28 January 2004 - 10:59 AM.

#14 jokk

jokk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 07:31 PM

Jesus christ... I have so many talents and skill's beyound my own control or even what I even know of myself. I walked away from the computer many years ago and never turned it on again for 5-6 years. Everyone I knew and grew up with. Are gone and are sitting at the jobs I was suppose to be at. I ended up choosing a different path of life and did things that I would never like to forget and memories that I hold dearly.

Selling backups, making money over other people work, that requires SKIILLZ...

#15 wd-40

wd-40

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (jokk @ Jan 26 2004, 09:31 PM)
Jesus christ... I have so many talents and skill's beyound my own control or even what I even know of myself. I walked away from the computer many years ago and never turned it on again for 5-6 years. Everyone I knew and grew up with. Are gone and are sitting at the jobs I was suppose to be at. I ended up choosing a different path of life and did things that I would never like to forget and memories that I hold dearly.

Selling backups, making money over other people work, that requires SKIILLZ...

ur reference of backups is to about 20 people... to which only 7 are friends, which 1 lives in canada, another one in norway, and 2 from the uk, and 1 from japan. Rest are my family... for that to be wrong, isn't. If it was something different, that I could see.

The reference to this was for html coding purpose only. That's why I gave the reference.

For something I do personaly with my own family, is not of anyone concerns. Your all welcome to join but, dna test's will be required. I already played fake daddy to a set of baby girls a few years ago... Don't need anymore strays.

No.. making backups is not diffulcult. Some can be and yes, I know how to patch, code, and rip. That's from the 80's... That wasn't the skills I was refering to but, maybe that's all...

Edited by wd-40, 28 January 2004 - 11:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users