9 replies to this topic

#1 da_shatterer

da_shatterer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 06:12 PM

I really have no idea what is wrong. I installed the chip perfectly and i have all 3 leds come on. But when i turn on the modchip the Xbox frags, however when i turn the modchip off the Xbox is fine. Is there any way to fix this? I already killed an Xbox before and i don't want to do it again. Help is desperately needed. Thanks

#2 duudfromnorway

duudfromnorway

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 January 2004 - 06:31 PM

i have just those blue leds inside the box and the switch lights green. i had the same issue as you due to bad connection with pin. switch set to enable, unprotected, bank1.
have you read this site

Edited by duudfromnorway, 18 January 2004 - 06:37 PM.

#3 da_shatterer

da_shatterer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 06:44 PM

Yeah i have everything set like that but it still doesnt work. I read somewhere that it could be a fried chip or the Cromwell bios isn't in there correctly, but how could I tell?

#4 duudfromnorway

duudfromnorway

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (da_shatterer @ Jan 18 2004, 08:44 PM)
Yeah i have everything set like that but it still doesnt work. I read somewhere that it could be a fried chip or the Cromwell bios isn't in there correctly, but how could I tell?

say...which version do you have? v1.1?
you should have blue led inside the box, one green light on the switch outside "front of the box" if not, it`s most likely bad connection with the chip. i`d it going for a long time, befor i manged to fit those tiny pin into those tiny tiny holes. don`t give up yet

#5 da_shatterer

da_shatterer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 07:04 PM

Actually i have a v1.4/1.5 with the focus chip. I'm going to go play with the position of the chip right now to see if that might help it. Any other suggestions would also be greatly appreciated. Also, all my lights come up the way they are supposed to both on the chip and the external switch thing, so im thinkin that its really a problem with the seating or the chip itself.

#6 duudfromnorway

duudfromnorway

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (da_shatterer @ Jan 18 2004, 09:04 PM)
Actually i have a v1.4/1.5 with the focus chip. I'm going to go play with the position of the chip right now to see if that might help it. Any other suggestions would also be greatly appreciated. Also, all my lights come up the way they are supposed to both on the chip and the external switch thing, so im thinkin that its really a problem with the seating or the chip itself.

heard some talk about bad power connection, have you checked all cable connection ?
that`s all i can help you with.

#7 da_shatterer

da_shatterer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 08:18 PM

Yup i checked those too. I'm really starting to think that theres isn't a bios or maybe a damaged bios on the chip, but how could i check this? I really don't want to have to spend another $30 just to get this chip to work.

#8 duudfromnorway

duudfromnorway

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 09:04 PM

there is a tiny switch on the chip, chose between v1x and v1.x. ?? and you`re sure that you`ve got the right chip for right xbox version model?

#9 da_shatterer

da_shatterer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 12:35 AM

Actually, I ended up getting the chip to finally work. It ended up being that even though the 2 blue leds for power were coming up, they needed to be pushed down harder so that they made better contact. Thanks for all the help anyways.

#10 duudfromnorway

duudfromnorway

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (da_shatterer @ Jan 19 2004, 02:35 AM)
Actually, I ended up getting the chip to finally work. It ended up being that even though the 2 blue leds for power were coming up, they needed to be pushed down harder so that they made better contact. Thanks for all the help anyways.

allright!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users