11 replies to this topic

#1 somedude1506

somedude1506

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 07:46 PM

I loaded mechassault and booted the hacked linux save, but I didn't install the hack. I ftp'd to my xbox and loaded the audio signed phoenix bios loader, putting the files in the correct directories. I then closed the ftp, and turned off the xbox. Now, when I turn the xbox on, it gives me an error 13 message(which I've read has something to do with the ms dashboard). Obviously I can't ftp in to fix it, the ms dashboard won't load, and I have no clue how else to fix it. The only thing it will do is run a retail game. Is installing a mod chip the only way to fix it? Any help is appreciated.

#2 duudfromnorway

duudfromnorway

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 January 2004 - 07:48 PM

checked error codes??

#3 somedude1506

somedude1506

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 08:04 PM

Yes I have read the error codes. I don't need to know what error code 13 is, I need to know how to fix it.

#4 somedude1506

somedude1506

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 09:39 PM

bump

#5 muggs

muggs

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 January 2004 - 11:20 PM

I don't know if it will help your situation but the other day I modded my friends xbox with a X2.3 lite. When I got it flashed and turned it on I got error 13 I put in the auto installer rebooted the xbox and it loaded. I reformatted the retail HDD and when I rebooted it it was working.

muggs

#6 somedude1506

somedude1506

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 01:57 AM

Thanks for the info. Although I'm still not sure if a mod chip is my only way out of this mess. I do appreciate the help though. Thanks.

#7 somedude1506

somedude1506

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 10:53 PM

Come on...I know someone out there knows how to fix this problem.

#8 somedude1506

somedude1506

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:15 PM

bump again

#9 duudfromnorway

duudfromnorway

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 January 2004 - 01:52 PM

correct me if i`m wrong, you have not modded your box, can not ftp with your box, can not run ms dashboard or any dash, and you can not enter bios/dash settings in anyway..?
is there a friend you can borrow a chip from?

#10 Xtrem

Xtrem

The Next Level

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 January 2004 - 02:35 PM

Try The Auto Installer Or A EvoX Boot Disc If Not Try To Rebbot From Your Mech Hack And Dont Forget To Install The Linux Hack

Hope This Help

#11 somedude1506

somedude1506

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (Xtrem @ Jan 21 2004, 04:35 PM)
Try The Auto Installer Or A EvoX Boot Disc If Not Try To Rebbot From Your Mech Hack And Dont Forget To Install The Linux Hack

Hope This Help

My xbox is not modded, therefore I cannot use a copied disc. I left my xbox unplugged over the weekend, and now it can't find the dashboard for me to set the clock, and now I get error code 16 every time I power on, even with a retail game in the tray. I think I'm fucked. I think my only way out is to get a modchip.

#12 hotshot743

hotshot743

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Not many deals yet, so still building up refs. So far, my only ref is h34d5h0tz.

Posted 26 January 2004 - 04:05 AM

Alright, you did what I did. Error 13 is a problem with the dashboard, I got it when I renamed critical system files badly (stupid move). Now since you left it unplugged, the clock has reset. In order to fix it, you need a modchip flashed with a bios that bypasses the clocksetting. D6 does, I'm not sure about the others.

Or, using a modchip/bios that supports HDD swap, you can stick in someone else's unlocked HDD, set your clock, and then fix yours by using a boot disk.

Got this from here, but you need a modchip. I don't think you can fix this without a modchip, sorry to say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users