6 replies to this topic

#1 SlickSnak3

SlickSnak3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 02:41 AM

Hi,

My cousin got his v1.0 xbox tsop flashed with the "Evolution D6 eject fix bios" by some guy who he has no contact with. So my cousin came to me for help. He wants to make his xbox Live anable. I know a lil about Modchips and softmods, but not to much bout TSOP flash.

Is there even a way to make the xbox load the M$ bios when Live is needed and a "X2 4980 bios" for offline use?

Note: I notice theres 4 black pieces of tape on the bottom of the xbox motherboard...?

Edited by SlickSnak3, 19 January 2004 - 03:03 AM.

#2 doi

doi

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 02:58 AM

you can have two different flases on your tsop ,you have to add a switch
http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=43&t=48213

Edited by doi, 19 January 2004 - 02:59 AM.

#3 SlickSnak3

SlickSnak3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 03:52 AM

heres a pic of the 4 points with tape:
user posted image

Before I mess with that, is there a way to reverse the TSOP flash process so the xbox can be like before it was flashed (the legit way, with the M$ bios only)?

#4 rhonk

rhonk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 January 2004 - 04:36 AM

you would have to reflash the xbox with a original ms bios.. and you can only add a switch if it is a 1.0/1.1 version xbox with the 1MB TSOP.

#5 SlickSnak3

SlickSnak3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 05:17 AM

So I just add the M$ bios in the Bios folder in C:/, go into evoX flash the M$ bios and presto?

#6 Flagg3

Flagg3

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 06:43 AM

As long as the flash enable points are still soldered, and the TSOP is not a Winbond or a Sharp, then yes you should be able to restore the Xbox to original condition by putting the original MS Bios into the C:bios folder and then flashing it with Evox. Before you do this, make sure that the hard drive is locked and that the C: drive has all of the original files on it or else it won't boot after you flash.

And keep in mind, if you do that then the box will basically be a stock Xbox again, no Evox or running anything from the hard drive unless you constantly reflash using 007 or MechAssault and a USB memory card.

With a 1.0, your best bet is to just add a switch and then you can toggle between the original and the hacked BIOS whenever you want.

Flagg

#7 Flagg3

Flagg3

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 06:44 AM

And BTW don't worry about the tape. Alot of Xboxes ship with tape like that on the motherboard, it has nothing to do with the TSOP flash.

Flagg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users