Xbox-Savage

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • Interests:To Sleep with your mommy.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 January 2004 - 07:08 AM

wink.gif I disabled The animation , i only left the X logo , but it still takes time to start , like if i never removed it, When i turn it on i ear the DVD Drive looking, is that what DVD Drive check is? , or the DVD Drive Check is that it will start even if doesnt have the DVD Drive plugged? , i want to make it when i turn it on to go straight to the dash the very second i hit the power button , or this is impossible? sad.gif

Edit : I tried with xbtool but is greyed out.

Edited by Xbox-Savage, 19 January 2004 - 07:09 AM.

#2 AnThRaX

AnThRaX

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 January 2004 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (Xbox-Savage @ Jan 19 2004, 03:08 AM)
wink.gif I disabled The animation , i only left the X logo , but it still takes time to start , like if i never removed it, When i turn it on i ear the DVD Drive looking, is that what DVD Drive check is? , or the DVD Drive Check is that it will start even if doesnt have the DVD Drive plugged? , i want to make it when i turn it on to go straight to the dash the very second i hit the power button , or this is impossible? sad.gif

Edit : I tried with xbtool but is greyed out.

Not possible if you turned off the X logo then you would wait like 5 seconds the time the x logo shows then goes to the dash making it go away is pointless because its really still there but its really not ph34r.gif

#3 NghtShd

NghtShd

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Trying to think of absolutely nothing for extended periods.
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 January 2004 - 12:38 PM

Not possible if you turned off the X logo then you would wait like 5 seconds the time the x logo shows then goes to the dash making it go away is pointless because its really still there but its really not 

This isn't exactly true. It should boot faster with the animation off. However, there is other initialization stuff the Xbox does in the back ground during the animation thread and that stuff needs to happen, so removing the animation doesn't make it boot as much faster as you may expect.

AnThRaX:

The DVD drive check is already off in this BIOS. The box is disabled because turning it on is not supported. The box should automatically get ticked when you load 4980, though, and in the next XBtool release this will be the case.

#4 Gibby 117

Gibby 117

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 02:30 PM

well if your useing a old bio and you dont want dvd check just use xb tool.

In boot Partitions see dvd: "default.xbe" Put "no.xbe" there

#5 NghtShd

NghtShd

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Trying to think of absolutely nothing for extended periods.
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 January 2004 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (Gibby 117 @ Jan 19 2004, 11:30 AM)
well if your useing a old bio and you dont want dvd check just use xb tool.

In boot Partitions see dvd: "default.xbe" Put "no.xbe" there

That won't speed anything up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users