Photo

Questions About Xenium Modchip And Xbox Live...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LostBrazilian

LostBrazilian

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 January 2004 - 06:34 PM

Hello guys,

I've read about the new ozXodus modchip and I came surprised...
What a great modchip!

I read all the things I found on the Internet and also its official manuals released yesterday.

I've got some question:

1. How to play on Xbox Live if the modchip doesn't have an off option ?

2. Is there a way to adapt an internal switch that activate the modchip when the console is powered on by the the power button and turn off when powered on by the eject button like my old LPC that I use in my Xbox ? How ?

3. Is there a way to adapt an external switch (like a mini lever) to choose if I want to use or not the modchip ? How ?

Thanks,
Philipe

#2 NightHawk117

NightHawk117

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 January 2004 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (LostBrazilian @ Jan 19 2004, 08:34 PM)
Thanks,
Philipe

Do you remember where you can program the face buttons so a certain bios? Thats where you select the original TSOP bios/M$ bios which turns off the chip when you press that selected button during the XOS boot screen. So lets say you program the original M$ bios to button X, during boot you hit X button and it should reboot the system and there you go.

Edited by NightHawk117, 19 January 2004 - 08:01 PM.

#3 LostBrazilian

LostBrazilian

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:04 AM

Thanks a lot NightHawk117 !!!
biggrin.gif

#4 GamerBR

GamerBR

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 January 2004 - 01:44 PM

Hello guys,

What a great modchip!

I read all the things I found on the Internet and also its official manuals released yesterday.

I've got some question:

2. Is there a way to adapt an internal switch that activate the modchip when the console is powered on by the the power button and turn off when powered on by the eject button like my old LPC that I use in my Xbox ? How ?

3. Is there a way to adapt an external switch (like a mini lever) to choose if I want to use or not the modchip ? How ?

Thanks,
Philipe

No Sistema operacional vai ter uma opçao de reiniciar o xbox com o chip desligado,entao nao precisa de chave,mas se vc quiser alguma opçao de como desativar o modchip sem ser assim pode fazer o esquema do eject(q tem q soldar um troço na placa mae)

#5 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 January 2004 - 02:15 PM

THIS IS AN ENGLISH FORUM.

#6 Xbox-Savage

Xbox-Savage

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • Interests:To Sleep with your mommy.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 January 2004 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (GamerBR @ Jan 20 2004, 11:44 AM)
Hello guys,

What a great modchip!

I've got some question:

Thanks,
Philipe

No Sistema operacional vai ter uma opçao de reiniciar o xbox com o chip desligado,entao nao precisa de chave,mas se vc quiser alguma opçao de como desativar o modchip sem ser assim pode fazer o esquema do eject(q tem q soldar um troço na placa mae)

blink.gif WTF!!???

parlez anglais dans les forum satisfont, tout le monde parle anglais ici ou emploie un tranlator.

léchez mon robinet rotfl.gif

#7 GamerBR

GamerBR

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 January 2004 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (Xbox-Savage @ Jan 21 2004, 03:48 AM)
Hello guys,

What a great modchip!

I've got some question:

Thanks,
Philipe

blink.gif WTF!!???

parlez anglais dans les forum satisfont, tout le monde parle anglais ici ou emploie un tranlator.

Brazil=Portuguese not french,not english,not italian not spanish,not german,not japanese,not korean,not chinese,not sweden blink.gif

Edited by GamerBR, 21 January 2004 - 02:17 AM.

#8 Orgasmic Chilli

Orgasmic Chilli

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (GamerBR @ Jan 21 2004, 04:16 AM)
QUOTE (Xbox-Savage @ Jan 21 2004, 03:48 AM)
Hello guys,

What a great modchip!

I've got some question:

Thanks,
Philipe

blink.gif WTF!!???

Brazil=Portuguese not french,not english,not italian not spanish,not german,not japanese,not korean,not chinese,not sweden blink.gif

think some americans are ignorant about languages. because it doesn't look anything like french. doesn't even look like spanish or italian

#9 clanggedin

clanggedin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 02:02 PM

My concern is that of you designate a Bank for the M$ bios it will leave the chip on even though you selected to use the M$ bios during startup.

I don't want to be banned from LIVE because of this.

HSDEMONZ- How do you have your banks set up? Is the M$ bios on of the banks? If not how do you select the M$ bios?

#10 Flagg3

Flagg3

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 08:51 PM

Even though it's not in the instructions, apparantly those that have received the chip have said that there is an option in the XeniumOS to disable the modchip, not just flash a bank with the MS bios.

Flagg

#11 kalikool

kalikool

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 07:27 PM

Where do you get the MS bios to flash? Also, where do you put it? do you put it under original bios? or bank 2? I saw on xbins the original bios but it was 1mb, which is the capacity of the entire chip. I am very confused on how to disable the chip to use Live, someone please help me out here, thank.

-Kali

#12 EmperorPsiblade

EmperorPsiblade

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Interests:Helping newbies, installing modchips, evil genetic experiments......
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 March 2004 - 07:58 PM

selecting origanal bios will load the BIOS on the motherboard that comes with your xbox... namely the MS one....as long as the bios is an ms bios then you wil not be banned.... pop.gif

the chip doesn't have to be disabled...
you could flash a ms bios to one of the xenium's banks and it would still not be banned....

BTW... i read somthing about M$ starting to ban ppl with larger hard drives or at least they have the ability to do so... ph34r.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users