• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jason_walker

jason_walker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 10:51 PM

I bought a 10 gig hard drive from a guy on ebay who said it was unlocked. I planned on putting in my girlfriends computer, but when I install it, the Bios sees it. When I go in to windows to do the MMC Snap-in thing to install and format it.. the computer doesn't show it being there. It also takes awhile for windows to start up. The guy i bought it from said that it was unlocked, but I have tried several boot programs to wipe the disc, but nothing is allowed to write to it. I tried to use a Seagate disc wizard thing to do it, it took forever to get through the program. It finished but I don't really think it did anything.

Did this guy sell me an locked xbox harddrive or am I doing something wrong?

#2 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 January 2004 - 11:24 PM

If you have the jumpers set correctly... then I would say you have yourself a brand new paperweight.

#3 blackdragon

blackdragon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 20 January 2004 - 12:11 AM

Check out this tutorial on how to use the xbox hd in a pc here

#4 jason_walker

jason_walker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (Spency234 @ Jan 20 2004, 01:24 AM)
If you have the jumpers set correctly... then I would say you have yourself a brand new paperweight.

I have the drive on IDE 2. It is on the cable by itself, so i have the jumper set to master on it.

I followed the instructions at xbox-scene and it didn't work. I don't know whatw wrong. I think I have a paperweight, but I guess I can still leave neg feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users