dux ducis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 January 2004 - 04:05 AM

So I've got a v1.0 box, retail 8GB harddrive as of now, and X2.3b lite.

Updated bios to the latest evox, installed EvoX dash with SlaYer's auto install kit.. then updated EvoX to the latest version ( 3935 ).

When I copy small amounts of files through FTP, i.e. a few at a time and very small in size, they go over just fine, but when I try to transfer many at once the FTP transfer process freezes, and when I check the dashboard it's locked as well. I have to get up and manually restart the xbox. It also occurs when I try to transfer large files over (eg divx movies), it will go through about 10 or 15 megabytes and then lock up.

This becomes a HUGE pain in the ass after the 10th or so time, and it's an even bigger pain in the ass to drag the files over in tiny quantities to coax it into not totally crasing.

? Does anyone know what the fuck is going on? I searched the EvoX forums for "crash," "crashing" etc. and coulden't find any similar situations... can someone tell me what's up

#2 dux ducis

dux ducis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:52 PM

#3 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:59 PM

what FTP client are you using? and how much space do you have left on your HDD? that may be an issue as well.

#4 dux ducis

dux ducis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 08:34 PM

Tried FlashFXP and internet explorer, the problem seems to be the xbox...

And yes there is ample space

I notice that sometimes, after leaving the xbox idle for 20 or 30 minutes, it will go into screen-saver like mode, and eventually just freeze, out of the blue. The temperatures aren't abnormal so it doesn't seem to be an overheating problem.. any ideas?

#5 nalo

nalo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 10:24 PM

well all I've got to say is that I've got the same problem and am still searching for the solution.
I've got a 1.2 though...

#6 dux ducis

dux ducis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (nalo @ Jan 24 2004, 12:24 AM)
well all I've got to say is that I've got the same problem and am still searching for the solution.
I've got a 1.2 though...

yeah the forums are surprisingly unhelpful

i just popped in a new hard drive to see if it would fix the problem, did it the easy way and used SlaYer's auto installer, everything seemed to have gone fine..

but now when i try to open anything, xbmp, dvd player, it just restarts, out of the fucking blue, skips the load screen and restarts... what the Fuck.

#7 dux ducis

dux ducis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 02:31 AM

topics like "Xbox Stopped Working!, Need technical help!" get 5, 6, 7 responses, and detailed specifications like ours get just about zero....

edit:

later im going to make a topic with a dumbfuck name like "XBOX IZ BROKEN, IM HELP NEEDING OMFG BROKEN I THINK" and watch me get all the answers i could ask for

Edited by dux ducis, 24 January 2004 - 02:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users