9 replies to this topic

#1 unlikely

unlikely

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 03:32 PM

I notice that the only games I have problems with are EA games.

For example:

-Need for Speed Underground
It sometimes produces the DDE right after I select the difficulty of a race and it loads.

-Fifa 2004
Sometimes it can't boot up, and sometimes right before a game

-NFL Street
Can't boot up the first time, but the second time is ok!?!

These are the only games I have problems with, and they're all EA games. Is there something with EA games I'm not doing? Is it a fluke that they are all EA games?

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 January 2004 - 03:58 PM

There is nothing special about EA games.

How are you creating your ISO? What program are you using to burn it? What DVD drive does your Xbox have? What brand and type of media are you using?

#3 unlikely

unlikely

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 05:12 PM

I'm using Craxtion to create the ISOs
I've used both Nero and DVD Decyptor to burn them
I've got a HP 300i DVD+R Burner
I use Ritek/Ridata 2.4x DVD+R DVD's
I have a Philips DVD Drive in my XBOX

At first it would seem that my DVD drive does not like the media, because I can copy the game to my XBOX hard drive using Avalaunch File Manager and it runs perfectly. But it's only those 3 games that I have a problem with. I've tried over 40 games and all the others work 100%. So I don't think it is the media.

Edited by unlikely, 20 January 2004 - 05:13 PM.

#4 lostsailor

lostsailor

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 04:43 AM

i have the exact problem. original games plays fine. the backup to HD works fine. back up to dvd+r gets "dirty or damaged disk" message. Used dvd2xbox to copy original to hd. ftp'd that to PC hard drive. used qwik to make iso. and burned image with nero. if someone knows why this is happening or if there is a specific type of media that the thompson drive likes please do tell.

#5 airdog2k

airdog2k

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 09:00 PM

I'm having same problem. I have Samsung drive. Also seems to be a problem with True Crime.

#6 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 February 2004 - 10:15 PM

Check to make sure the media you're using is compatible with your Xbox's DVD drive. It's most likely a media compatibility issue.

#7 airdog2k

airdog2k

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 05:48 PM

I am having this problem as well. I have other games that I own backed up on the same type media, and they work fine. I have noticed this on my EA games, and Dues Ex 2.

#8 Liam_UK

Liam_UK

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 04 February 2004 - 05:53 PM

I have the Philips drive and it plays all the media I throw at it!! Ritek -> cheap & nasty

#9 unlikely

unlikely

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 05:59 PM

well Dues Ex 2 is a different story.. the original game is bad and has some errors..

But as for the EA games, I fixed my problem..

well kinda. I swapped out my DVD Rom (I had a Philips) and now everything works.

I use the EXACT same media for all my games and only the few EA games were giving me troubles. But once I switched my DVD ROM everything runs fine. Maybe EA games are harder to read? I dunno.

So I know it wasn't the fact that my DVD ROM didn't like my media..

A little note on that.. maybe it's true that some DVD Roms only like specific media (which I have never seen that) but would people stop making that the number one answer for everything?

Sure a few people don't read other posts, but every time there is a message about someone not being able to read discs, some person ALWAYS writes "Maybe your DVD isn't compatible with the media"

Well look at my first post.. although I don't mention that I use the same media for EVERY single game, I did mention that only 3 games don't work. So are you telling me that you think that for some reason those three games are on different media then the rest of my games?

C'mon people.. enough of the easy answers just to get your posts up. We've seen enough of Turn off your IGR and try different media... STOP IT!

#10 airdog2k

airdog2k

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 06:41 PM

Great post Unlikely. I, like you thought that this forum was a place for people (noob to expert) to give and receive help. It seems like a lot of people with legit problems get bashed or told to do the same old thing that they've probably already tried a hundred times.

Anyways, what kind of drive did you switch to? I have a Samsung. I like it because it'll read CD-R. If I have to move to a different one to make some of my games work though, so be it. Also, I am using Ritek media, creating my ISO's with Craxtion 3.1, and burning with Nero.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users