• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BPCaesar

BPCaesar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 07:55 PM

Well, I'd like to announce my retirement from the Xbox Hacking Scene. I was a beta tester for the XBL and everything worked fine until launch day. I...slacking on my xbox-scene news...did not disable my xbox mod until it was too late. I was using an X-ecuter V1 (ya know the one you solder onto ur mobo). So I called and ask what was up. After taking me through every freaking troubleshooting step they said they would call me back. And they did...today. I have a modified Xbox and even if I took it apart and didn't put a modchip in it it looks like I'm screwed. I can however transfer my subscription to another Xbox...for a mere $199.99

Man, sux to find out the hard way.

This will most likely be my last post. I'm out to get a new xbox sad.gif

Burn in hell MS....you made your system too good to resist.... sad.gif

#2 Zander

Zander

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 08:08 PM

Rewrite your eeprom, then install a switch for your x-ecutor. Your live will work fine as long as you use the switch properly and don't run XBL code with the switch on.

I wrote a tutorial for the eeprom switch, and is in this forum. And yes, it does work, many ppl (including me) were banned and used this method to get unbanned.

Z

#3 andreo

andreo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (BPCaesar @ Dec 2 2002, 01:55 PM)

Man, sux to find out the hard way.

This will most likely be my last post. I'm out to get a new xbox sad.gif

Burn in hell MS....you made your system too good to resist.... sad.gif

Damn dude. Looks like your only a couple of steps away from your first post.
Plus you shouldn't feel bad. Only those lucky enough to have not played on live or try the retail cd before the 15th are still up and running. I was a beta tester also and ran into the same problem a few days before the 15th. But since I can't play on live I now have no reasons to buy any of the games that I would have bought. So I mod on! When I get home, I'll find the latest version of the SNES emu and add it to the collection that I have. I'll play a few hours of the Everquest beta that I have and so on.
Will I drop out of the scene because I can't play a hand full of games on-line? Nope. If anything it gives me more of a reason to stop by the sites and see whats going on.

So its not that you were slacking. When I was banned I counted a total of 1 other person complaining on any other site about not being able to get on. The news simply wasn't out there. And even when the complaints started pouring in there was more confusion and speculation then anything else.

But suit yourself.

#4 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 December 2002 - 11:38 PM

I wrote a tutorial for the eeprom switch, and is in this forum. And yes, it does work, many ppl (including me) were banned and used this method to get unbanned.

But you still need a non-banned Xbox's EEPROM, correct?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users