deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 January 2004 - 03:45 AM

i thought of this idea, im sure it can be done i just dont know of the right parts, i seen the tuts on the switch and all but its gonna be way hard to find a 4 or 5 position switch that looks nice so ive come to the conclusion to not use it, but here is my idea you have your power coming from the MB and goeas to the controller whrn plugged in and responce from the controller goeas back to the board, but you hard wire you dvd dongle to a controller port so it always has power but without a switch you will be supplying 2 sources from the same supply and being a PC im sure it will get confused on what to send the power too,the controller or dvd remote that relay idea is cool but to hard to find a small relay

theory: current follows the path of least resistance

so basically need to find transistors or thermistors or what ever to control resistance to where when the controller is unplugged there is more resitance on the controller port so the voltage goes to the dvd dongle and when a controller is plugged in there is more resistance on dvd dongle so voltage goes to controller

maybe some diodes that allow one way current and thermisors i dont know any thought from some electrical engineers out there

i work in the trade but dont quit know this sort of info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users