#1 BigGanja

BigGanja

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 January 2004 - 06:28 PM

Firstly, BobMcGee, i would just like to say, i started doing this earlier, and got a little bit carried away, lol, so plz dont regard this as disrespect to your own work to help out other people

This is a little project me and Bob were going to do together, things have been a bit rough for me recently, and i didnt exactly have access to my PC, or internet, so we couldnt hook up and do this project together just like we originally planned

Anyways, heres an extension of BobMcGees mini Tute, all done in my own words etc etc, with pics to try and keep it all as simple as possible for people STILL having problems with the dash not detecting things it should etc etc

OK - onto the Good stuff

Firstly goto settings, and enter Configuration mode,
UNLESS this is first setup, Config mode is marked in bottom left corner in RED so you will know wink.gif
then highlight the tab you would like to edit, press A
user posted image
what do you want it as ?? here i want my emulators so goto Menu contents (up + down) then
make it whatever you want with left and right once your happy, press X,

Now you need to set an appropriate Menu type,
seeing as this is going to be just 1 list (no submenus) i will choose Music Soundtrack style
again, press X to set that as the new value

Now edit its name so we go down to the bottom option press X, and edit the display text user posted image
now to exit from editing THAT tab, press A.

Personally im going to use Memory inside of the settings menu, so now i press "Y" to see these options - user posted image

i now set Memory in Settings to True and edited the text for its display name

also while im at it, i added music menu into settings so again, just do the same, except for music in settings wink.gif
to exit this menu simply press B !

Now music and memory are in settings, user posted imageso them 2 tabs in mainmenu can now be ANYTHING we want,
without sacrificing them so lets edit that music tab smile.gif

ok highlight music press A then this is where i want ALL my mainstuff to be, so we are going to
want to use submenus, lets go with Music Style with SubMenus 1, press X - im gonna set a password
so go up and press X then whack in your new chosen password
(NOTE !! - to remove a password, in configuration mode goto edit password, and type in none)

NOW to make your setup for stuff - get rid of that window in corner by pressing A, now hold R and press A user posted image- now highlight any of the submenus, and press X to set the path, A to set the text or Y to set the text for this submenu, remember you dont actually specify a path, just a
foldername, eg, you could have
CODE
F:\Apps\utils\Emus
IF THIS is the case all you would put in is
CODE
Apps\\Utils\\Emus
- the dash will automatically scan all partitions for this folder structure

I then chose to have the 3rd tab as Music so i just pressed A, set it as Xbox music menu inside the Menu Type, pressed X(to confirm) then A to get rid of the corner window

Finally to Exit Configuration mode, Press L+R+B and it will prompt you to save your settings.

now then user posted image

now for a bit of the fun stuff !!

This is done in normal dash mode - not inside the configuration mode

Time/Date Display ONOFF - Hold R and press B
Zoom into the tHc Orb - Simply Click down on the right analog thumbstick

Playlist Making/Editing (only with the 27/12/03 patched tHc Dash - plz note if you DO patch, make sure you move tHc_Data into the root of C: otherwise you will have empty tabs)

Firstly push in the Left Thumbstick user posted image

push B to change the playback mode choices are :-
Continuous Mode
Playlist mode
Random mode

if we are going to make a playlist we may as well select that
Now press X, add a new playlist by pushing A on Add Playlist
give it a name, now go into that playlist now press Y (opens up the right side of screen)
user posted image
now browse your soundtracks and find tracks you would like to add to your playlist
push A to play track,
push White button to add it into the chosen playlist thats on the left

now on the left side (inside a playlist)
you can also play a set track with A,
and remove tracks by pressing the black button

also while in this playlists section (after pressing left thumb) hold R trigger and move
left or right for volume control wink.gif

i hope this explains it a bit better for those of you that are still having problems, and as you can see - user posted image
Its a Great Dash, Thankyou JbOnE what a wonderful gift, great work, keep it up wink.gif

Edited by BigGanja, 21 January 2004 - 10:25 PM.

#2 PLUTO 3.14

PLUTO 3.14

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 08:11 PM

Thankx BinGanja... Made it even easier...

Please Pin this...

I was wondering if u can make a tutorial for editing the partitions to get it to work from my F: HD... Jusplayn wrote the steps but I am still having problems with some of them... Like when he said "I used the hexeditor to change the partition2 to partition 6 for the " tHc_Dash_v1B.10027100" to be found on f:"

Is he talking about the .xbe that goes on the root or every single file in the folder.. or ??? I tried to Hex Edit my .xbe but I couldn't find any instance of "partition2" to change to partition6... A Guide from u would be apreciated... Thankx BinGanja... U do a little favor and then u are ask for more...lol

Thankx GCue and JBOne... tHc Crew... BobMcGee... Jusplayn.... BigGanja.. And anybody making or helping make this the coolest Dash... cool.gif

#3 jC!

jC!

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • Interests:Xbox - AudioPhile
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 January 2004 - 09:58 PM

Yes...a MUST PIN topic. Thanks. It was a big help

#4 Alekz

Alekz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 12:47 PM

searched a while and tried to find a way to link xbmp in the root menu of the dash... is it possible to change this? i don't need the music or memory tab and would like to link an app directly to the tabs... (i know there is the quick launch ... but i want to have the pop.gif effekt when using the dash and see the tabs moving around, ... using the quick launches would be the same as evoX for me...) i like this dash very much and don't want to change to the normal hack again, could i change it in the cfg without messing the dash up when going into the config mode?

#5 ybothers

ybothers

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 January 2004 - 03:32 AM

What can the quick launch button do? when i enable it, will another Tab menu with appear on my dashboard main menu with a title like Quick Launch #1 or so???

can you please tutorials me on how to link those thc dashboard together using quick launch biggrin.gif

#6 kanaberra

kanaberra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Interests:SK8, Music (electro-lounge-dub) & Geekin'
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 January 2004 - 06:40 AM

BIG Thx you 2, BG & BMG !
its complete & illustrated, i should update some quotes on my tut wink.gif
... if i could get your permissions ?

#7 Alekz

Alekz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (kanaberra @ Jan 31 2004, 07:40 AM)
BIG Thx you 2, BG & BMG !
its complete & illustrated, i should update some quotes on my tut wink.gif
... if i could get your permissions ?

well if you want to beerchug.gif , ... wouldn't make me cry jester.gif
thought your tutorial is about the normal THC hack and not the standalone one, i'll check that,...

#8 ybothers

ybothers

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (ybothers @ Jan 31 2004, 05:32 AM)
What can the quick launch button do? when i enable it, will another Tab menu with appear on my dashboard main menu with a title like Quick Launch #1 or so???

can you please tutorials me on how to link those thc dashboard together using quick launch biggrin.gif

com'on yah, give this ybothers dude some help biggrin.gifs...........

#9 The LukeMan

The LukeMan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 February 2004 - 12:21 PM

ph34r.gif i followed these instructions and i cant seem to program the spare 2 dash options after placing memory and music in settings ???

#10 cypher35

cypher35

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 February 2004 - 09:20 PM

I was wondering if u can make a tutorial for editing the partitions to get it to work from my F: HD... Jusplayn wrote the steps but I am still having problems with some of them... Like when he said "I used the hexeditor to change the partition2 to partition 6 for the " tHc_Dash_v1B.10027100" to be found on f:"

Is he talking about the .xbe that goes on the root or every single file in the folder.. or ??? I tried to Hex Edit my .xbe but I couldn't find any instance of "partition2" to change to partition6... A Guide from u would be apreciated... Thankx BinGanja... U do a little favor and then u are ask for more...lol

i would like to know the same thing, plz share how you did this biggrin.gif

#11 kotten

kotten

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 09:12 AM

How do i do to get new menu in ms dashboard, like game, music, apps....
Please help me!!!

#12 CanadianCrackWhore

CanadianCrackWhore

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 03:32 PM

So, the pictures are not working, and now its my turn to be assisted by this post. Can someone relink the pics?

#13 Rodstorm

Rodstorm

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 April 2004 - 10:56 AM

Have to agree, without the pix the guide is pretty useless and just taking up space, when / can the pix be relinked so we can see what we are supposed to do because some of us do need the help.
Thanks.

#14 stricker

stricker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 04:50 PM

can you fix the pics i need it thx

#15 milliondollarcondo

milliondollarcondo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 12:48 PM

Firstly, BobMcGee, i would just like to say, i started doing this earlier, and got a little bit carried away, lol, so plz dont regard this as disrespect to your own work to help out other people

This is a little project me and Bob were going to do together, things have been a bit rough for me recently, and i didnt exactly have access to my PC, or internet, so we couldnt hook up and do this project together just like we originally planned

Anyways, heres an extension of BobMcGees mini Tute, all done in my own words etc etc, with pics to try and keep it all as simple as possible for people STILL having problems with the dash not detecting things it should etc etc

OK - onto the Good stuff

Firstly goto settings, and enter Configuration mode,
UNLESS this is first setup, Config mode is marked in bottom left corner in RED so you will know wink.gif
then highlight the tab you would like to edit, press A
user posted image
what do you want it as ?? here i want my emulators so goto Menu contents (up + down) then
make it whatever you want with left and right once your happy, press X,

Now you need to set an appropriate Menu type,
seeing as this is going to be just 1 list (no submenus) i will choose Music Soundtrack style
again, press X to set that as the new value

Now edit its name so we go down to the bottom option press X, and edit the display text user posted image
now to exit from editing THAT tab, press A.

Personally im going to use Memory inside of the settings menu, so now i press "Y" to see these options - user posted image

i now set Memory in Settings to True and edited the text for its display name

also while im at it, i added music menu into settings so again, just do the same, except for music in settings wink.gif
to exit this menu simply press B !

Now music and memory are in settings, user posted imageso them 2 tabs in mainmenu can now be ANYTHING we want,
without sacrificing them so lets edit that music tab smile.gif

ok highlight music press A then this is where i want ALL my mainstuff to be, so we are going to
want to use submenus, lets go with Music Style with SubMenus 1, press X - im gonna set a password
so go up and press X then whack in your new chosen password
(NOTE !! - to remove a password, in configuration mode goto edit password, and type in none)

NOW to make your setup for stuff - get rid of that window in corner by pressing A, now hold R and press A user posted image- now highlight any of the submenus, and press X to set the path, A to set the text or Y to set the text for this submenu, remember you dont actually specify a path, just a
foldername, eg, you could have
CODE
F:\Apps\utils\Emus
IF THIS is the case all you would put in is
CODE
Apps\\Utils\\Emus
- the dash will automatically scan all partitions for this folder structure

I then chose to have the 3rd tab as Music so i just pressed A, set it as Xbox music menu inside the Menu Type, pressed X(to confirm) then A to get rid of the corner window

Finally to Exit Configuration mode, Press L+R+B and it will prompt you to save your settings.

now then user posted image

now for a bit of the fun stuff !!

This is done in normal dash mode - not inside the configuration mode

Time/Date Display ONOFF - Hold R and press B
Zoom into the tHc Orb - Simply Click down on the right analog thumbstick

Playlist Making/Editing (only with the 27/12/03 patched tHc Dash - plz note if you DO patch, make sure you move tHc_Data into the root of C: otherwise you will have empty tabs)

Firstly push in the Left Thumbstick user posted image

push B to change the playback mode choices are :-
Continuous Mode
Playlist mode
Random mode

if we are going to make a playlist we may as well select that
Now press X, add a new playlist by pushing A on Add Playlist
give it a name, now go into that playlist now press Y (opens up the right side of screen)
user posted image
now browse your soundtracks and find tracks you would like to add to your playlist
push A to play track,
push White button to add it into the chosen playlist thats on the left

now on the left side (inside a playlist)
you can also play a set track with A,
and remove tracks by pressing the black button

also while in this playlists section (after pressing left thumb) hold R trigger and move
left or right for volume control wink.gif

i hope this explains it a bit better for those of you that are still having problems, and as you can see - user posted image
Its a Great Dash, Thankyou JbOnE what a wonderful gift, great work, keep it up wink.gif

.... fixed the links.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users