8 replies to this topic

#1 shaman

shaman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 07:19 PM

It's not for cheating, I just want a cool effect. I think I saw it included with a mod, but I just want the Master Chief outfits to have that cool transluscent glow. Does anyone know how to do it?

I have and am a bit familiar with HaloMappingTools (I was screwing around with and injecting textures last night) and was wondering what to change or mess with.

Also, one more thing, a question :

I tried changing the bitmap "Cyborg" to give all the guys camouflage themed suits but it didnt work for some reason. How do I do this?

#2 XBOX War3z

XBOX War3z

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 January 2004 - 07:38 PM

change the green channel of the multipurpose texture wink.gif

#3 shaman

shaman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (XBOX War3z @ Jan 22 2004, 04:38 PM)
change the green channel of the multipurpose texture wink.gif

I am looking at that channel in photoshop and it is almost all black. Exactly how do I do it, or what do I do?

#4 XBOX War3z

XBOX War3z

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 January 2004 - 07:54 PM

black is no glow
white is glow

well actually it edits the light level so all the neon/glow stuff is done here

#5 lake1000

lake1000

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 08:08 PM

Is the glowing option u guys are working on for the xbox version of Halo or the Pc version?

#6 stunna

stunna

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 08:14 PM

i might be wrong but dosnt wut you said only make them brighter?

#7 shaman

shaman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (XBOX War3z @ Jan 22 2004, 04:54 PM)
black is no glow
white is glow

well actually it edits the light level so all the neon/glow stuff is done here

Hmm. It's weird. I cleared my Z drive on my xbox (the cache) and started with a fresh master chief texture and the layers were different. So I did image>adjust>levels and made it all white and what changed was that there was blue and red armor on the guys, and white underneath.

EDIT to above ^^^^ (I changed the cyborg texture not cybory multipurpose. After I found this out I went back and changed it how you said it [to all white] and I dont really think it did anything, apart from making the blue and red colors darker, just a bit.])

Can you give me a more detailed method? I know I am screwing something up sad.gif

Also, what if I wanted to put a camoflage texture on the outfits? And can I change the traditional Red and Blue colors for the armor?

Are there any sites or is there a tutorial that deals with just messing around with this stuff? I have been on a lot of other halo modding sites, but really havent found a good in-depth tutorial on the possibilities for messing around with all this stuff. Just the general, "Use HMT, save texture, color it different in Photoshop, inject texture back" kind of stuff....a little general.

Edited by shaman, 22 January 2004 - 08:48 PM.

#8 lunatic15

lunatic15

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 12:42 AM

i belive that they think you are more trying to find out the active camo glow cheat and just hiding it sayin that u just wanna know how to make the red and blue teams tranlucent but glow. thats what i belive they are thinkin.

#9 shaman

shaman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (lunatic15 @ Jan 22 2004, 09:42 PM)
i belive that they think you are more trying to find out the active camo glow cheat and just hiding it sayin that u just wanna know how to make the red and blue teams tranlucent but glow. thats what i belive they are thinkin.

No not at all. Using cheats like that is lame and takes away from the game....for me at least. I mean, I saw where someone enhanced the glowing or whatever of the suits and thought it looked cool.

One other thing I want to know about :

Using Halo Map Tools, after I extract (save), say the warthog's skin bitmap and check it out in Photoshop (as a .dds file) it is hard to tell what is what and what goes where in terms of how the texture is laid on the vehicle after injection. My point is, is that I want to be able to know exactly where and how to apply different things like text or a racing stripe or whatever to certain places on the vehicle so it looks nice.

For example, has anyone seen Darkstorm995's (not sure if I have that name right) "Limited Edition Nintendo" skin? He did a great job on it and I want to figure out how he "painted" it so flawlessly (as in how could he tell exactly what to paint so it looked good/normal on the vehicle)

HERE it is : http://www.freewebs....95/pictures.htm

The guy did a great job smile.gif

Thanks in advace for any info guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users