is M$ still banning modded xbox's on xbox live u ask? YES

#2 Cheerio

Cheerio

Got Milk?

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 December 2002 - 02:08 PM

Yes; and as of now; how they are doing it us UNKNOWN.

#3 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Music, Computers, Video Games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 December 2002 - 03:37 AM

If the first number of the second Y code is 6 your banned, just for newbs.

#4 hostile 17

hostile 17

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 08:27 AM

Once your are banned is there any way around it?

#5 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 03:03 AM

You can purchase a new EEPROM. When you do this, you do not purchase the EEPROM chip itself, but the key on it. There is some risk to purchasing an EEPROM, because you do not have any defined guarantee that the seller will not sell it to other people or will not use it himself. You're best of purchasing from people you trust and from people with good references.

Once you have the EEPROM data, you can use ConfigMagic to write it to the EEPROM in your motherboard. This will effectively remove the ban on your Xbox, and you can then connect to Live with the same account. This time, make sure your mod is OFF!!! Many people recommend customizing your BIOS so you know if it's the retail or hacked BIOS - colormods, fastani, no ani...whatever.

#6 brianforever

brianforever

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 02:06 PM

very simple solution to unban ur xbox,

first if u just got banned, call or talk to MS(www.xbox.com) & tell them theres somthing wrong with ur set, not working on xbox live

& then they will ask u for ur particulars & will send u a CD to unban youself, Voila !!

The solution is so simple , but pp make it so complicated

#7 schampy1

schampy1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 08:02 PM

first if u just got banned, call or talk to MS(www.xbox.com) & tell them theres somthing wrong with ur set, not working on xbox live

& then they will ask u for ur particulars & will send u a CD to unban youself, Voila !!

This seems very untrue I would NOT do this !!!

#8 AFX

AFX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (schampy1 @ Oct 12 2003, 10:02 PM)

This seems very untrue I would NOT do this !!!

Doesn't sound too far fetched. Ever tried phoning MS for reactivating your Office/WinXP product key? They give you the info no questions completely anonymously!

#9 Hyper_Eye

Hyper_Eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 05:15 PM

Is it true or not? I think I just got banned.

I was using the software control features of the chameleon and selected "Boot from TSOP (Disable Chameleon)" It seemed to work and I even got on live and played last night. I selected the same option today and right when it got to the live dashboard it told me there was a problem. When I selected to troubleshoot it told me I was modified. This sucks.... they just charged me the 50 bucks (going through my account tomorrow.)

#10 NeOnRaBbIt

NeOnRaBbIt

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 462 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 December 2003 - 06:42 AM

hey brianforever hav u actually done this?? i mean the reps. that answer the questions atleast i think know no more than i do but im sure they would know why ur banned by checking their computers or w/e an would be suspicious...after all wen u call they ask for ur name an sometimes serial numbers an if they send u a disc they know where u LIVE!!! they could sue ur ass for a bunch of money too...

#11 xboxdawg

xboxdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 09:34 PM

I turned my Xbox on with the mod enabled and it didn't have a disk in it. For some reason it went to the xbox live section and logged in. I immediated hit b to go back and shut off the xbox. That was last night. Now today I am getting the message that it could not connect. There was an IP address problem, then it got through that using auto detect. The very last step it came up with the message about not being able to communicate because the software or hardware may have been modified.

It refers you to www.xbox.com/connect . You can call, do interactive chat or send an email. I may try to do the chat or email later. The comment about calling them and getting a disk to fix it and they'll know where you live is BS. If you signed up for LIVE they already know that info cause you had to put your credit card info and address in there.

Has anyone else been banned and successfully got unbanned??? I just paid my renewal Dec. 24th, so this really sucks! You can bet my ethernet cable will stay unhooked until I get ready to play on LIVE if I get unbanned!

XBD

#12 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 February 2004 - 02:55 AM

You can "unban" yourself buy purchasing a new EEPROM from the buy and sell section of Xbox-Scene. Find a tutorial for how to install it.

Your old Live account should still work.

ALSO - upgrade to the newest Anti-Live BIOS. It will prevent you from accidentally going on Live.

#13 l3eans

l3eans

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 February 2004 - 04:58 AM

First off, Why would they waste their Time Banning people from Xbox Live if all you have to do i call them and Say hey im sorry so they can waste more of their time sending a Bogus as "Unbann CD" PLEASE PEOPLE! Where do you come up with this stuff.

#14 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 10:56 AM

This is why u guys should pay monthly, who cares if they ban you? Just create another accoun wink.gif

#15 Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (xboxdawg @ Feb 5 2004, 06:34 PM)
For some reason it went to the xbox live section and logged in.

Cuz you didnt configure it NOT to AUTOMATICALLY log in. You can do this thru the refular M$ Dashboard settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users