• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chromage

Chromage

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:50 PM

I have been reading all the tutorials and piecing together information for flashing the 2.3b lite. I have done what I consider a thorough job of research and this is what I have done to create my flash cd. Discrepencies in information has lead me to this question, Is what I did right? I am not sure what xbox version I have although it was made the 42 week of 2003 manufacturing date was 10-14-2003 so I assume I have either version 1.4 or 1.5.

I got the 4980.67 bios file. I then opened up x2bmv2 and saw the 4 banks. In bank 1 I imported the 4980.67 file, In bank 2 I also imported the 4980.67 file. I then left banks 3 and 4 unknown and empty. I then highlighted banks 1 and 2 and saved as BIOS.BIN. (Was I supposed leave LPT Port on the default of 378 and Flash Type on auto?).. Is this ok so far?

but my question is about the dummy file...I used a dummy file creator and just renamed it ABC.DAT, is this correct?

If this is correct I then make an iso with these instructions http://lookformeb.bm....com/tutorials/

Now I should have a 512k BIOS.BIN file and 50+ meg ABC.DAT file on this iso to boot from when the tray opens. My question now is do I flash it to bank 2 or bank1? I want to keep a backup copy of the cromwell bios (or whatever it is called) just incase something goes wrong and I need to revert back.

I will worry about a new dashboard once I get this correct. THanks ahead of time for help smile.gif

#2 lan122

lan122

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 January 2004 - 12:06 AM

If you are flashing with a 512k bios...it will automatically flash bank 1, bank 2 will remain cromwell's flashbios

#3 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 January 2004 - 12:30 AM

if this is your first time flashing, then you have to flash with a 1mb bios (or at least that's what i've heard). you can then later flash your chip through evox if u want 2 different bioses.

Edited by Trevante, 23 January 2004 - 12:30 AM.

#4 Chromage

Chromage

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 05:29 PM

Ive read I can use 512 and that should be prefered just incase something gets borked. smile.gif

Ok Im now ready to do this...my last question is once I flash and the thing shutsdown, when it comes back up with the xecuter logo, do I HAVE to get a new dashboard or can I just use the xbox one and still play backup games? I will eventually read into the evolutionx thing...but for now I just want to have some fun.

#5 HAL2001

HAL2001

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 January 2004 - 05:58 PM

No, you don't HAVE to install a dashboard. Once you are able to boot your xbox with a hacked bios you will be able to run unsigned code and thus backed up games.

I would advise against flashing your chip with Xecuter 4980. It has a bug and will not allow you to load the xboxdash.xbe file without it being renamed. They just came out with 4981 which remedies this problems so, if I were you, I'd use that one. If you don't you'll have no choice but to install a dashboard.

Edited by HAL2001, 23 January 2004 - 06:00 PM.

#6 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 January 2004 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (Trevante @ Jan 22 2004, 08:30 PM)
if this is your first time flashing, then you have to flash with a 1mb bios (or at least that's what i've heard). you can then later flash your chip through evox if u want 2 different bioses.

No no no... ::sigh::

When will people stop saying this?!?

http://www.teamxecut...om/cromwell.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users