#1 NeO529

NeO529

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 23 January 2004 - 01:26 AM

Started my first dvd window today (which I will soon be offering as yet another service). I plan on spraying the plexi and my jewel (stock jewel) with UV reactive blue paint and then lighting it up along the edges with UV leds. So far I have cut the case and the plexi. Just waiting on my new saw bits for my dremel and the UV paint to finish it all up.

user posted image

Edited by NeO529, 23 January 2004 - 01:30 AM.

#2 FLuKE11

FLuKE11

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Interests:Games, Women, Music.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 23 January 2004 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (NeO529 @ Jan 23 2004, 03:26 AM)
Started my first dvd window today (which I will soon be offering as yet another service). I plan on spraying the plexi and my jewel (stock jewel) with UV reactive blue paint and then lighting it up along the edges with UV leds. So far I have cut the case and the plexi. Just waiting on my new saw bits for my dremel and the UV paint to finish it all up.

user posted image

looks cool, good work

#3 hotshot743

hotshot743

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Not many deals yet, so still building up refs. So far, my only ref is h34d5h0tz.

Posted 23 January 2004 - 01:34 AM

so when you start doing it for people, are you going to ask them to send you the whole xbox, just the case and DVD drive, or what?

#4 NeO529

NeO529

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 01:39 AM

if all they want is a dvd window then they can just send me the lid to the case and the lid to the dvd drive. but most people want leds and stuff too.

#5 Master-Chief

Master-Chief

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 23 January 2004 - 01:45 AM

Not bad... not bad at all.... But what I woulda suggested was that you done a design because DVD Window Mods are old news now. The only thing that makes them better is when the DVD Window is like a symbol or anything. Not bad for a plain mod though! wink.gif

#6 NeO529

NeO529

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 01:48 AM

meh the UV will make it original... I used a grinding bit to cut this one (waiting on new saw bits) so I couldnt do a design. I also figured I should start out simple. Im hoping the UV blue looks as badass as I think it will.

#7 FLuKE11

FLuKE11

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Interests:Games, Women, Music.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 23 January 2004 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (Master-Chief @ Jan 23 2004, 03:45 AM)
Not bad... not bad at all.... But what I woulda suggested was that you done a design because DVD Window Mods are old news now. The only thing that makes them better is when the DVD Window is like a symbol or anything. Not bad for a plain mod though! wink.gif

I personally like the plain jane windows.

You can see more and it's a nice clean look. Original? Not really. But it's still nice looking.

#8 EXCURSION-CRUSHER

EXCURSION-CRUSHER

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (FLuKE11 @ Jan 23 2004, 03:52 AM)
I personally like the plain jane windows.

You can see more and it's a nice clean look. Original? Not really. But it's still nice looking.

Me too, I like how you think. wink.gif

#9 NeO529

NeO529

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 03:23 AM

okay guys I got another update. I did my paintjob, port leds, and above port leds (none yellow wire mod; works w/ all controllers smile.gif ).

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I am still waiting on my UV paint and my dremel bits to get here to cut the dvd window and light up the jewel and window. I went ahead and drilled holes in the dvd metal for a guide when I cut it.

Edited by NeO529, 26 January 2004 - 03:24 AM.

#10 eklipze d00d

eklipze d00d

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 03:49 AM

looks great man

#11 SoulfireX

SoulfireX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 03:57 AM

Nice job NeO biggrin.gif

#12 NeO529

NeO529

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 04:01 AM

my camera really sucks. I wish I had a better one than this POS 1mp kodak.

#13 RadiatedAnt

RadiatedAnt

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 04:23 AM

nice box and cutout design beerchug.gif gotta love the leds

#14 jdlugo

jdlugo

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 06:56 PM

I am really excited to put a window in my case except I need a newbie rundown...I dont yet have a dremel and it seems like that is the only way to get a good looking cut...i have a hack-saw, coping saw, and an array of other tools - just not a rotary tool. What is the preferred type of dremel, how much will it run me?

Next.

I have plexiglass that is thin. Is the best way to do this mod to mount the plexiglass peice underneath the top of the case with a super-glue type adhesive?

Next.

Is it safe to cut through the metal case holding the dvd drive? How do I protect the laser? Masking tape, perhaps?

Any other tips, ideas, any information you can offer me would be EXTREMELY helpful, thanks!
-jd

#15 jet2k

jet2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (jdlugo @ Jan 26 2004, 08:56 PM)
I am really excited to put a window in my case except I need a newbie rundown...I dont yet have a dremel and it seems like that is the only way to get a good looking cut...i have a hack-saw, coping saw, and an array of other tools - just not a rotary tool. What is the preferred type of dremel, how much will it run me?

Next.

I have plexiglass that is thin. Is the best way to do this mod to mount the plexiglass peice underneath the top of the case with a super-glue type adhesive?

Next.

Is it safe to cut through the metal case holding the dvd drive? How do I protect the laser? Masking tape, perhaps?

Any other tips, ideas, any information you can offer me would be EXTREMELY helpful, thanks!
-jd

Dremels arnt too much. I had one lying around the house i think mine was like 60$ CA. My buddy just bought one for 45$ CA. They arnt too much but you can get some real expensive ones with all the parts and everything for over 100$.

I just used Hot glue for my dvd window.

biggrin.gif I recommend removing the metal casing from the dvd drive before dremelling. It wouldnt be too smart to leave it on. Remove the case by unscrewing the 4 screws on either the underside or the side of the metal casing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users