Ed_209

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 January 2004 - 12:27 PM

I was curious if it was possible to hack the default.xbe or one of the other files to hack Steel Battalion to work with a USB keyboard and a controller instead of having to use that overly gigantic $250 controller with dozens of random buttons.

#2 XBOX War3z

XBOX War3z

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 January 2004 - 12:46 PM

if the game isnt designed to work with a keyboard then no,
you can't simply "insert" some keyboard code
you would need the source to do changes like that

so no, not gonna happen smile.gif
(you can always prove me wrong tongue.gif)

#3 MN-Mod-Man

MN-Mod-Man

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 23 January 2004 - 12:55 PM

You have no reason to be playing this game if your complaining about the controller, the game NEEDS the contoller to work, and all those random buttons actually work and do something in the game as for it being overly gigantic, well these are mechs not Rob the Robot here, but the price for it is still insane.

#4 mhhsu216

mhhsu216

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:48 PM

i'm having problem w/ the controller after i installed steel battalion on my HD. the game loads fine but when i press the "initiate" button, the game resets back to the game main title screen. i'm just wondering if i'm the only person w/ this problem. btw i'm using executor 2.2 lite on my xbox and maxtor 1.2 gig HD.

#5 childsremix

childsremix

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:03 PM

Turn off your modchip, I had the same problem, just run your xbox as if it were a virgin and you'll have no problems... As far as the price of the controller and game... I got it for free!!!!

#6 Moleman

Moleman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (mhhsu216 @ Mar 1 2004, 06:48 PM)
i'm having problem w/ the controller after i installed steel battalion on my HD. the game loads fine but when i press the "initiate" button, the game resets back to the game main title screen. i'm just wondering if i'm the only person w/ this problem. btw i'm using executor 2.2 lite on my xbox and maxtor 1.2 gig HD.

That's because it is sending the same signal as L trigger+R Trigger+Back+Start

#7 mhhsu216

mhhsu216

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 11:58 PM

so there's no way this problem can be fixed other than turning off the mod chip? if not, thanks for the help guys =D

#8 tankertux

tankertux

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:08 AM

In that case, disabling IGR should do the trick, right? I mean, that way, Right Trigger + Left Trigger + Start + Back would have no special effect. Try disabling IGR to prevent the reset.

#9 mhhsu216

mhhsu216

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:32 AM

tried disabling IGR but still doesn't work. the weird thing is that when i go to the menu to change the IGR setting, it was already set on "NO." i tried loading steel battalion again and the game resets itself when i press the "ignition" key. so i go back to the setup and switched IGR on "YES," and still the game resets itself. now i'm just wondering if my IGR is enabled all the time regardless of what it saids in the setup. can anyone help?

#10 Zero_Cool

Zero_Cool

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:55 AM

well correct me if im wrong but arent there like 4 different IGR spots youy have to change in the ini, as for the controller, yea thats really F*cking expensive, is it even worth it?

#11 Moleman

Moleman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 02:05 AM

If you have an Xecuter 2 bios, igr is built in.

#12 hereticx

hereticx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 March 2004 - 06:17 AM

Most newer Xecuter bios' have a x2_IGR_disabled file in the archive that should disable the bios' IGR function. Then shutting it off in your dashboard should shut down all IGR functions, and the game should theoretically work correctly. If someone could test this and report back that would be great, I don't own Steel Battalion so I can't try it out myself.

#13 mhhsu216

mhhsu216

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 08:43 PM

so am i suppose to edit some file in the dash folder? i'm kind of lost here =(

#14 Valhalla1

Valhalla1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 March 2004 - 09:20 PM

no you would need to reflash your modchip with an X2 bios with IGR disabled. or use an Evox bios...

i am running x2 4981 for example, and L+R+Back+Black does IGR hardcoded into the bios, reglardless of what dashboard you have and what the dashboard igr settings are

btw, the easiest solution might be to use PBL to load the igr-disabled bios as an application from your dashboard. then load your game... you would only need to run PBL when you want to play that game, and you wouldn't have to relfash your modchip

that is assuming that loading a second bios via pbl would effectively remove the current bios's igr

Edited by Valhalla1, 26 March 2004 - 09:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users