Photo

Read Cd-r / Cd-rw On Xbox ? What Do I Need?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jamezb

jamezb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 12:12 AM

So what do I need to read cd-r or cd-rw on an xbox with the stock DVD Rom ?

I heard that some cd-r and cd-rw media work, what are these ? .. Is there a thread or a database somewhere with information ?

What are the options of changing out the dvd rom ? .. these won't read originals will they ?? ..

I want maximum compatability for reading cd-r/cd-rw cuz I don't have a DVD RW .. Shiz, I don't even have an xbox.. but i got 3 modchips . . .. ?!?! unsure.gif

When I do get my xbox I plan to be up and running in no time ... research research research .. and you guys rawk! awesome resource.

#2 odie

odie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 12:27 AM

Most CD-RW work fine in xboxs ( MOST not all )
Good luck finding CDR that work.

I want maximum compatability for reading cd-r/cd-rw cuz I don't have a DVD RW

Sounds like you might want to back up games on CD's , just get bigger HD and save games in there , Alot of games out are to big to fit on DVD-R anyway's. beerchug.gif

#3 jamezb

jamezb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 12:38 AM

That was my plan but its nice to save movies etc. to CD-R's so I save hd space .. divx, mp3 etc.. i play my mp3's in my car so .. if i can take a cd-r brand back and forth between the xbox and my car, would be very nice.

#4 rg8182

rg8182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 03:30 AM

Like odie said, good luck with the CD-R, they just don't work with the stock drive, assuming you have the Thompson drive. When I first modded mine, found a "list" of cd-r brands that worked, it was all bullshit. Better off with a bigger hdd until you get a dvd burner. Or, you could install a pc dvd drive, best compatibility, but you'll lose the ability to play originals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users