Photo

Chip Works With Xbox Cover Off But Not With It On!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ryanvb

ryanvb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 10:13 PM

I installed a chip in a v1.5 XBOX, and it worked fine for some time and then it suddenly stopped working. I took the cover off and now it works! When the cover goes back on again, the XBOX won't boot. blink.gif This seems very strange to me, because this is my 16th install and is the first time I've experienced this issue. The install looks just fine, and in fact works fine as long as the cover stays off.

Any ideas?

Much thanks in advance,
Ryan

#2 Bjodom

Bjodom

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 10:32 PM

When I got mine working with the case off, it would work but it would always restart if I wiggled the plug for my S-video going to the XBox. But now with the case on, it never does this. I don't know if it was because it was having problems because of the programmer cable coming out of the same spot or what. But no it never restarts. I don't know if this is your problem but you can try to see if it will start without any cable AV cables plugged into the system.

Anybody know the problem with mine and why it would do that?

#3 gengar7

gengar7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 02:28 PM

Will you fix this, same thing happend to me, tell me if you fixéd

#4 sfhuang

sfhuang

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 02:36 PM

are you using a wire or solderless install? if it's a solderless install, check that D0 remains lit even when you close the cover. if it's a wire install, it could be poor soldering contacts. Another possibility could be grounding problems but I'd leave this as a last possibility to check/remedy.

#5 gengar7

gengar7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 02:44 PM

and i fixed

#6 gengar7

gengar7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 02:51 PM

please take close attencion, the problem here its you are force, the chip, when you put the cover de dvd-rom force the chip this will not make the chip off but it wont work, try to low the chip all you can , check the cover fit easy an this will work for you.

Hope this help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users