7 replies to this topic

#1 staticfl

staticfl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 01:28 PM

Topic May want to be pinned.

XBMC can play internet streaming audio flawlessly but requires about 10 mins worth of work. The format you want to use is files with a .pls extension, but the hard part is obtaining these .pls files. Luckly someone has made a java based program to just this. It's called ShoutcastPlsDownloader.

It's freeware and can be found at:
http://mp3imagetagex...tPlsDownloader/

Simply download it and run from a dos-based window to generate your playlist files. You have to add the "-downloaddirectory <path>" switch and that's it. Then ftp your newly created .pls's over to your xbox. Run and enjoy.

-Static beerchug.gif

Edited by staticfl, 25 January 2004 - 02:01 PM.

#2 :GrAnD:

:GrAnD:

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 11:11 PM

There is an another application the doesn't require JRE installed - XNSPlsEdit
It was created to make .sc and .pls files from SHOUTCast.com server listings or from exisiting SHOUTCast .pls files.

I use XNSPlsEdit v1.2 - works great.

#3 jiz_king

jiz_king

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:49 AM

There is a python scrypt that will run entirely from within XBMC that goes and fetches .pls files for you.

See sourceforge.

(sorry don't have the addy).

#4 SigTom

SigTom

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 January 2004 - 11:54 AM

From the XBMC nfo of 1-07-04

new in 2004-01-07 build:

07-01-04 added: new skin - now comes with MediaCenter (default), HiFi and Retro
        another nice new skin available on www.allxboxskins.com: LixxBox (missing My Music screen currently)
05-01-04 added: shoutcast station downloader python script for XBMC (under patches on the sourceforge project page)

Second line is what you wanna pay attention to. You can get it here. Wonderful script, runs from yer XBox and does just as the above would. Those nfo files contain some very cool ...well....information. cool.gif

#5 cameronsto

cameronsto

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 05:30 PM

Does anybody know what Shoutcast's policy on banning users who run these programs. I was running the first one mentioned yesterday and about 3/4 of the way through it said I was banned and had to wait several hours until the next day. However I could still browse the site through IE. Does anyone know the details of this? I looked all over the site and couldn't find any regulations about it.

-cameron

#6 :GrAnD:

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (SigTom @ Jan 26 2004, 01:54 PM)
From the XBMC nfo of 1-07-04

new in 2004-01-07 build:

07-01-04 added: new skin - now comes with MediaCenter (default), HiFi and Retro
         another nice new skin available on www.allxboxskins.com: LixxBox (missing My Music screen currently)
05-01-04 added: shoutcast station downloader python script for XBMC (under patches on the sourceforge project page)

Second line is what you wanna pay attention to. You can get it here. Wonderful script, runs from yer XBox and does just as the above would. Those nfo files contain some very cool ...well....information. cool.gif

Could you, please, give some instructions on how to run python scripts on Xbox?
I have this script and followed these instructions:

#Edit CONFIG part in script, copy script to $HOMEscript directory,
#start and enjoy.

When I click the script nothing happens.

#7 SigTom

SigTom

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 January 2004 - 04:41 AM

Grand:

Make sure you have a folder called python in your XBMC folder. So your folder structure would be like this /XBMC/python. If you dont have a python folder, in the latest builds on xbins, a python.rar should come with it. Un rar it and place in your XBMC folder. Lastly, make sure you have the shoutcast script in /XBMC/scripts. To run the script, go to settings, scripts, scroll down, hit A. Dont know anything eles to tell you to do. Make sure you have LAN connection to the internet as well.

Cameron: Yeah Ive read about that limit and then the following ban until the next day. Its when you exceed some limit of course, altho I forget where I read about it, sorry. Id suggest using the python script on your XBox and run it once, twice a week at most.

#8 :GrAnD:

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (SigTom @ Jan 27 2004, 06:41 AM)
Grand:

Make sure you have a folder called python in your XBMC folder. So your folder structure would be like this /XBMC/python. If you dont have a python folder, in the latest builds on xbins, a python.rar should come with it. Un rar it and place in your XBMC folder. Lastly, make sure you have the shoutcast script in /XBMC/scripts. To run the script, go to settings, scripts, scroll down, hit A. Dont know anything eles to tell you to do. Make sure you have LAN connection to the internet as well.

Got it working. Thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users