• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 stevie218

stevie218

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 06:14 PM

I have tried everything for so long, looked at every tutorial and still I can't get Evolution x dashboard to load. I think the dvd player in my xbox is the thompson one and xbox is v1.0. I have the chameleon mod chip installed and executer2 bios flashed already. It shows xecuter2 under the big x when the xbox loads up so i know it is working fine. I tried the slayer autoinstaller, burned that to a cd-r, dvd+r, cd-rw, dvd-rw, etc. different brands and still nothing worked. so i tried the manual evox with renaming to default.xbe, including the .ini file, and a 600mb dummy space and burned to numerous media and no luck. All i ever get is "Your xbox can't recognize this disc. make sure its an xbox...." So i decided to go ahead and connect a pc dvd player in it with the y splitter and such and the player works i think. I can now play cd-r like burned audio cds and copy to the xbox using the pc dvd player. i can also play movies i burned onto dvd+r using the pc dvd player. but those r the only things i can get to work. i guess the pc dvd player must be working. but the evox boot disc will not load. all i get is that one message, or sometimes it loads to the regular xbox dashboard (memory, audio, settings screen) with no message and does nothing. I've tried power off and power on again and again, also putting in an original xbox game into the xbox dvd player. everything works except the evox boot disc loading! why?? i have been trying forever!!! it is making me go crazy. i also tried the avalaunch dashboard and got the same messages and blank loads to ms dashboard. someone please respond!! thanks!

btw the pc dvd player is 16x Artec DVD-Rom Drive
the media i used was memorex, and now 1 dvd+r is wasted!

do you think if i tried using dvd+-burner currently in my computer as the pc dvd-drive for xbox it might work?

I am all out of ideas!! It seems hopless....

#2 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 January 2004 - 06:22 PM

did you make it an Xiso using Craxiton? if it's not an Xiso then it wont work...

#3 wdwiz4

wdwiz4

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 07:31 PM

Did you get it to work? cause im still working on mine

#4 stevie218

stevie218

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 08:26 PM

sorry i forgot to put that little detail in but yes i did use craxtion

#5 stevie218

stevie218

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 08:32 PM

and i tried to reboot like 20 times that didnt work. i did burn the xiso at the min speed as well. btw i m usin evox 3935

#6 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 08:41 PM

To simplify things stick with Slayers right now - we absolutely know that it is a correct XISO image. The last thing you want to do is test your hardware, media, and XISO creation skills at once.

Did Slayers load from any of the burned discs? Did you try the burned Slayers images with both the stock Xbox drive as well as the PC drive swapped in using the splitter?

Please also provide the media you have tried with the Slayers - list type, brand, and capacity for CDRWs (forget CDRs). Also - when you burn the image it should be to a brand new disc, let's not mess around with erasing. Also list the program and settings you are using for the burn.

Incidentally - this has caused problems before: are you burning the XISO image as a data file on a data disc? You should be burning the image not just transfering the file to a disc. I don't mean to point the obvious but it happens all the time.

This should at least get us moving in the right direction. Once we identify proper media and burn technique we can handle boot disc creation if you feel the need to make your own.

#7 wdwiz4

wdwiz4

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 08:52 PM

im my case im using memorex-cdrw, 700mb and following teamexcueters.com tut. i dled slayers off the irc so i dont think its corrupt

#8 stevie218

stevie218

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 09:10 PM

The CD-RWs I have tried with slayer evox are Memorex 4X
700 MB 80 minute CD-RW and also RiCoh Multispeed 1X 2X 4X CD-RW. The memorex one i tried was brand new and not used before. I believe I only tried to load that in the xbox tray but have since returned the discs to the store. but yes i have tried to load slayer in both discs with other media. slayer has been able to load at all.
I also burnt to a Memorex 4X 4.7 GB 120 minute video DVD+R with no luck. Also tried a Ridata 2.4X 4.7GB 120 min DVD+RW. Same results.
i tried full-erasing these RW medias once or twice at some point but that didnt help either

I used nero v6 to burn the xiso image onto the discs. i created new compilation, drop down -> cd, pick cd-rom (ISO) from selections on left, no multisession, uncheck Joliet, burn @ slowest speed, file name length: 11 character max (iso level 1), format: mode 1, character set: iso 9660 (standard ISO CD-ROM), relax ISO restrictions: checked allow path depth of more than 8 directories and checked allow more than 255 characters in path; burn settings: checked write and finalize cd, write method: disc at once

thnks again for ur help !

#9 stevie218

stevie218

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 09:13 PM

i got my slayer evox auto-installer from shareaza by torrent file. it was 215 mb and named "SlaYer's EvoX Auto-Installer v2.5FINAL.iso"

#10 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 10:02 PM

I have Nero 5 - I use the Burn Image option in the File Menu.

I think you might be following this tutorial which is based on Nero 6 which you have:
http://www.xbox-scen...nero6-files.php

Something tells me that it only burns files to the disc in Xbox compatible format as evidenced by your ability to read files but not boot the xbox from the media. I have money that if I inserted the media in a modded box and ran boxplorer - I'd see your slayers.iso file intact rather than individual files on the disc. The title of that tutorial is "Burn files to disk for Xbox with Ahead Nero6" and it seems to match the steps you are taking.

Is there a burn image option in your file menu? This other tutorial is based on the the 'burn image' option and the title of it is: "Burn ISOs with Nero 4.x/5.x" which sounds a lot closer to what you want.

http://www.xbox-scen...ticles/nero.php

Edited by ChrisF, 25 January 2004 - 10:03 PM.

#11 stevie218

stevie218

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 10:30 PM

MY GOD CRIS F YOU ARE A GENIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH. IT WORKS NOW!! YOu have to burn image to disc not use nero's create a ISO CD-ROM compilation!
I would have never thought of this had it not been for CRIS F. I've been tryin and tryin the same things for 3 or so days and probably wouldve given up. Thank you man. You hit it right on the dot!

Yes I used Slayer's Evox Auto-Installer. I put it on my pc dvd drive connected to the xbox, and i don't wont to try it on my xbox drive right now... just in case this is my ONE lucky break thanks to chris.

YAHHOOO!!!! hahaha wow i m so happy dude. I bought my modchip from easybuy2000.com and was so worried theyd never ship it. It finally came a month later and i was relieved by that. But then i had this problem and thought i wasted all my money on dvd burners dvds and modchipping, not to mention all the stuff like desoldering braids and torx and what not. But thanks to Chris it came out like it should have.

Thanks again Chris.

I recommend ChrisF to everyone!!!!

FINALLY!!!!

#12 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 10:35 PM

My bill is on the way smile.gif

Congratulations. It should be quite a bit smoother from here out. If I can suggest a few things:

1) FTP your entire C and E drives to your computer for backup. Put them in separate files and burn a CDR for safe keeping.
2) If Slayers doesn't work for you, create a custom Evox boot disc with your network/ftp settings - this may come in handy some day

That should be all the precautionary stuff you need to do. Enjoy your Xbox!

#13 wdwiz4

wdwiz4

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:06 AM

ChrisF thanx a ton bro slayer is installed and im about to ftp, once again thanx beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users