Photo

Flashed With 4980.error 13.how To Flash To 4981?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 eddiemasala

eddiemasala

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 09:32 PM

Hello - I started with a 2.3b pro with Cromwell, I flashed my new 2.3b pro with X2 4980 Bios CD. I get the error 13 (dashboard error).. I have been reading the forums which say that this problem is fixed in X2 4981 Bios.
I have tried to boot from X2 4981 Bios CD, but is is not recognised now that i have over written Cromwell...
How can i flash with X2 4981 Bios ( i do not have port connection to my PC or a DVD burner, only a CD burner)
Any help gratefully received.

#2 Strud1512

Strud1512

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 January 2004 - 09:36 PM

Make an EvoX boot disc with the FlashBios menu option and 4981 in the BIOS folder.

You can then just boot the CD, select FLASH and it will update.

#3 eddiemasala

eddiemasala

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 09:42 PM

I tried the Evox Boot CD... I get error code 13 "Dashboard could not be launched...

i'm not sure what to try next

#4 eddiemasala

eddiemasala

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 11:00 PM

>> From Team Xecuter on the Xecuter Forums:
[QUOTE]
Lot's of you have been reporting Error 13 which is a dashboard problem.
Now we couldnt duplicate this at all so had no idea why apart from that you must have been doing something wrong. However today we were given a box that had the error and it looks like there may be a small bug - but not a serious one.

It effects box's that boot from the ms dash first.
The bios is looking for msxboxdash.xbe - a stupid ass typo
You can boot from DVDR no problem and FTP to the box to install any dash (or even temporary rename your xboxdash.xbe to msxboxdash.xbe) - and then everything will work
[END QUOTE]

Basically i now have a 4980 bios and no way to boot from CD to reflash my bios (My 4980 bios has the above problem- error 13)

Any ideas appreciated

#5 Strud1512

Strud1512

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 25 January 2004 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (eddiemasala @ Jan 26 2004, 01:00 AM)
Basically i now have a 4980 bios and no way to boot from CD to reflash my bios (My 4980 bios has the above problem- error 13)

If you have a working EvoX Boot CD, you will be able to use that.
The error in the 4980 bios does not effect booting from DVD/CD.
Make sure your evoxdash.xbe is named default.xbe on the CD or it won't boot.

#6 eddiemasala

eddiemasala

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:57 AM

Thanks Strud. i have tried many EvoX boot CD's but always get the same error 13 (can't launch dash).

I'm gonna see if i can get Slayers Auto installer next... as i a running out of thing to do & now have a huge pile of wasted CDs..

I've tried many files including EvolutionX Build 3935, Xbox-New Hd Evox Boot Cd, etc... but not had any luck yet

#7 eddiemasala

eddiemasala

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 07:53 AM

I tried Slayer'S Evox Auto-Installer v2.5.. but still no luck... i error 13 again... any ideas appreciated..

#8 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 January 2004 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (eddiemasala @ Jan 25 2004, 09:57 PM)
Thanks Strud. i have tried many EvoX boot CD's but always get the same error 13 (can't launch dash).

I'm gonna see if i can get Slayers Auto installer next... as i a running out of thing to do & now have a huge pile of wasted CDs..

I've tried many files including EvolutionX Build 3935, Xbox-New Hd Evox Boot Cd, etc... but not had any luck yet

Why would you have a 'pile' of cds? Why arent you using a cd-rw? The problem is not with the bios, simply you are not making a cd that the xbox can read. You would have the same problem (not being able to install evox) no matter which bios you use.

#9 eddiemasala

eddiemasala

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 09:05 AM

hello heinrich.

i am using a LG drive that reads cds ok. (it is the drive i used to install 4980 via CD).

is there a way to use the parallel connection on 2.3b pro to connect to my pc. if yes which type of cable should i use?

thanks.

things are not that easy with a mouse in one hand and a baby in the other...

#10 eddiemasala

eddiemasala

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 09:54 AM

hello again heinrich.

I tried a cdrw with evox boot.. also tried 4981 on cdrw... Still get the same error 13...

i can't buy a dvd burner... maybe there is a way to link to pc via parallel cable to erase bios/reflash bios?

#11 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:01 AM

You're either making the boot disc wrong, or your mod chip is no longer enabled.

To ensure extra compatibility, make extra sure that the XBE file is titled default.xbe (versus evoxdash.xbe, as noted) and try creating an xISO and burning that. I don't know what you're doing now.

If you want some real help, other than guesses, tell us exactly what you're doing so we can try to correct it.

#12 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:03 AM

How is 4981 on a cd going to help you? You can only flash via a cd with the flashbios. If your modchip flashed your chip with another bios (like 4980), then the flashbios is gone - and that is no longer an option.

as for your evox cd....
Make sure you are making an xbox iso with a tool like simplex or craxtion. Make sure the .xbe is named default.xbe and is in the root of the .iso. Include a dummy file.

Yes, you can use the programmer that is included with your chip. There is a guide here.

#13 eddiemasala

eddiemasala

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 06:45 PM

heinrich & Xeero & Strud1512.

Thanks to you all. Finally got it working...

Flashed the bios with 4981 using parallel port to PC and Xecuter bios Manager v2.

Changed CD-RW brand to TDK 4x

Burned ISOs with XisoManagerV1.5.1 (instead of using Nero6)

Evox Boot CD still had a problem (kept on freezing on launch).

Finally tried SlaYer's EvoX Auto-Installer v2.5, then ftp'd over using FlashFXP (CuteFTP would not let me see any directories)

Anyway.. i am now a happy boy... So THANKS for your help. It was a long puzzle to solve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users