• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CupeX

CupeX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 11:59 AM

I know it's maybe not the right forum place to write about this, but then again it is....

It is here, where "we" are the only ones who want the quality to be superb!!! Since to fill a DVD to it's limit, may cause the xbox crappy drive to do things, that it where not meant to do... like choppy movies!!! non loading games etc.

I need to know what you guys use... since I've had some luck with princo, and some not... but verbatim dvd-rw can runanything... it pisses me off... but please advice what brand.... or do I have to change the drive in da xbox.... sad.gif

Hope you guys with little more knowledge than others will reply.

not with "This brand ****** is good"!!! No, I need to know why.... and that its tested.... before i buy 500 of them smile.gif

CupeX

#2 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:03 PM

Be aware: Princos "self-destruct"

I know.... they are only good as give-away discs. They deteriate over time.

Use Riteks or BeAlls - I've had good luck with those brands for DVD-R.

Edited by BenJeremy, 26 January 2004 - 12:09 PM.

#3 DaShiZNiT

DaShiZNiT

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:20 PM

everybody bashes Princo, but the amount of people praising them seems to be 50/50

Ive got backups over 1 year and a half that are just fine, but there obviously has to be something "up" with them

#4 yourwishismine

yourwishismine

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:41 PM

That's another loaded question... part of it is going to depend on your DVD Burner.. and I didn't see you mentioning what brand/model/firmware version DVD Burner that you are using...

#5 CupeX

CupeX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:24 PM

nothin'

Edited by CupeX, 26 January 2004 - 01:43 PM.

#6 CupeX

CupeX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:29 PM

Hey.... love the fast feedback... !

I'm using a Pioneer 106.... or a06 .... whatever !!! with 1.07 firmware... the newest...

using Nero 6.019 or RecordMax Now.... with updated recorders patch! thingie.... !

ph34r.gif

So, Ritek it is... from da master.... Now, I saw someone mention something about he be using.... Princo... and how good they were... But did u use every last mb of it?? I'm talking 4489mb is max.... so lets say u tried 4470 ....mb and with a fullfilling result....

I have Princos that works with that amount... but lately, a lot dosent... they work in pc's.... but not with los picky XBOX.... mad.gif

But Ritek.... the master said???

What about VERBATIM???? noone like them.... ? I tried to burn same image on that verbatim DVD-RW ..... and bang slam thank u mam.... it wokred... (I do know that RW is better than -R, but stilll... verba looked like a solution)

CupeX

So peeps would totally disagree on the use of princo??? since my movie collection, is pretty big, and has to be RE-Burned.... and princo is cheap.... but?

and is Nierle.com a nice place top buy from.... smile.gif

Edited by CupeX, 26 January 2004 - 01:43 PM.

#7 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:52 PM

Are you burning in the proper xbox iso format? Because that's not readable by pc.

#8 DaShiZNiT

DaShiZNiT

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 January 2004 - 02:08 PM

I have burnt GTA:Vice City, GTA:3, and Tru crime all to one Princo DVD-R.
Granted, they havent been out long. But I was able to beat all three.. From the multiple backup in my car, not the originals. I think there was about 50 MB left on the disc.

Most of my movies use the full amount and they play aswell. I have a samsung drive in my xbox, a dvr-105 in my PC and I use Recordnow max to burn. Craxtion of course to make the images themself.

All in all, it boils down to user preference, quality of discs bought, and of course possible user error.

Stick to what works for you

#9 yourwishismine

yourwishismine

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (DaShiZNiT @ Jan 26 2004, 10:08 AM)
But I was able to beat all three.. From the multiple backup in my car, not the originals. I think there was about 50 MB left on the disc.

You have an XBOX in your CAR ????

I knew that was possible, but just never heard of anyone doing it...

#10 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 January 2004 - 08:32 PM

I've had problems with princo as well there not very good for an xbox though they seem to be allright in my DVDplayer at the moment I use TDK DVD-R ones they cost me a little more but its still way cheaper than the original

#11 DBZRacer

DBZRacer

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 10:09 PM

I dont have a burner yet. I keep holding off for the price to drop down or wait for the dual layers to come out. Anyways, I burn my dvdrs through a friend of mine. Sony DRU 5**. It was pretty much 50/50 with princos which pissed me off. I moved over to Riteks DVD-Rs and was very happy to see that my Thompson drive read 99% of the riteks without any problems.

#12 CupeX

CupeX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 05:33 AM

blink.gif

Hmmm... a lot of you is praising RITEK... So... No one with a pioneer a06 could enlighten me with what media works 4 them... ?! no!?

Someone talked about real xbox iso or normal iso.... Yes, I use xbox iso.... anyway... you can burn with normal iso also, works fine... (been working with iso's for a long time now biggrin.gif )

But I don't use Craxtion... since it has its problems with extracting some isos. without telling you..... so did you tell it to make a big iso out of 3 games, it might only extrtact 2, and still build the iso... crap!!! so i do it manually!

Please advice with ritek.... I order from nierle.com ..... there are two different kinds of ritek, what to choose!?

CupeX

#13 theultimatechuff

theultimatechuff

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 09:12 AM

Use qwix or SimpleX to make your ISOs and burn to Ritek -R discs and you should be fine. I have not had a single problem with the same drive/firmware as you.

Ritek will either be GO3 or GO4 dye, either is good, GO4 is higher speed tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users