• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 websurfer21

websurfer21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 06:37 PM

I'm very new at all these xbox mods thing. In fact, I just got my XBOX. What I want to ask is this. How can I FTP my xbox and my pc? well, I kinda know what to do but I still need some help. What kind of network card (NIC) do I need? just any 10100 base network card right? I know I need a crossover cable. Does length matter? and I know I need FlaskFXP. So I guess I just need to know what network card to buy. Sorry if I make a short story long but I need to explain everything because I'm afraid you don't understand. Any help is greatly appreciated. smile.gif

#2 sCoTxXx

sCoTxXx

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 07:01 PM

You should start by reading the tutorials.

Someone would have to write a very long explanation for you. This has been covered in great detail.

#3 Klatu

Klatu

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 January 2004 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (websurfer21 @ Jan 26 2004, 01:37 PM)
I'm very new at all these xbox mods thing. In fact, I just got my XBOX. What I want to ask is this. How can I FTP my xbox and my pc? well, I kinda know what to do but I still need some help. What kind of network card (NIC) do I need? just any 10100 base network card right? I know I need a crossover cable. Does length matter? and I know I need FlaskFXP. So I guess I just need to know what network card to buy. Sorry if I make a short story long but I need to explain everything because I'm afraid you don't understand. Any help is greatly appreciated. smile.gif

1. hook a crosover cable from the xbox to your pc to the xbox
2. any nic card will work (altho some chipsets work better/faster so it's been said)
3. length doesn't really matter unless you're talking about 100feet+
4. read the tut's and especially the pinnd topics in this noob forum, they are there so you won't have to ask simple questions like this smile.gif

#4 websurfer21

websurfer21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 07:19 PM

thanks for all the replies.

#5 *ЮG*

*ЮG*

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 07:40 PM

I have a Westell DSL Modem with a built in router.....is it possible to FTP from the modem to pc using USB port and modem to xbox using ethernet port??

#6 thefatness

thefatness

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, retro games, xtreme sports, football
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:39 PM

COME ON MAN!

use this user posted image for something simple like this b/c its probably been asked 20 times in the last few days. if the search is down, search for it manually b/c your bound to find something a few pages away!

#7 Klatu

Klatu

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (*ЮG* @ Jan 26 2004, 02:40 PM)
I have a Westell DSL Modem with a built in router.....is it possible to FTP from the modem to pc using USB port and modem to xbox using ethernet port??

if the modem is hooked up to your pc with USB, then no you can't connect with it cuz it's not networked to anything.. USB sucks dude just get a nic in your computer and run it all with rj45

#8 *ЮG*

*ЮG*

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 11:11 PM

I have a NIC.....just trying to find a way to do it without going and buying a RJ-45 cable.

#9 notkevin

notkevin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 January 2004 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (*ЮG* @ Jan 26 2004, 04:11 PM)
I have a NIC.....just trying to find a way to do it without going and buying a RJ-45 cable.

Nope, you kinda need it. Unless you go wireless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users