11 replies to this topic

#1 zanderch

zanderch

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 08:59 PM

Hey guys. Sorry, I can't search cus the search is down. I was wondering if someone could explain to me how to remove the little black sticker thing from off the jewel, and how to paint the "XBOX" letters from in the jewel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Zander

#2 pookmish

pookmish

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 January 2004 - 09:17 PM

It took me forever to get the black crap off. I used the oven cleaner method and i had to apply about 10 coats. each for about 30 minutes then scraping the black stuff and paint off. as for the letters, the oven cleaner took the crome off those with the first coat. I taped off the bottom side except the letters and I airbrushed 2 coats of metallic red paint like the stuff for model cars. it looks pretty good. the problem is if you cant airbrush finding someone that can do it well is hard. Try to find a taxidermist who uses airbrush to finish off animals. if they use airbrush they are most likely really good at it. good luck

#3 Masterteedy

Masterteedy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:00 PM

if u dont want to go the airbrush route u can use a gloss or sealer first, then apply the paint and then another coat or 2 of sealer

#4 JakeDaGreat

JakeDaGreat

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:03 PM

Um...you can just freeze the entire jewel for 5 mins...the black gunk peels off easy as pie! In one piece!

#5 cjmac

cjmac

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Halo, Xbox-Scene, modding my xbox, and stuff.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (JakeDaGreat @ Jan 27 2004, 12:03 AM)
Um...you can just freeze the entire jewel for 5 mins...the black gunk peels off easy as pie! In one piece!

dude that sucks, it took me half an hour to get that stuff off. And I used the freezer method ( which did not work) to get the black stuff off. Plus it made my thumb raw for a day.

#6 JakeDaGreat

JakeDaGreat

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:25 PM

beerchug.gif
Mine peeled right off! Like it was lubricated too! soooo easy. smile.gif

#7 zanderch

zanderch

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 12:17 AM

Thanks guys, but I still don't understand how to paint the "XBOX" letters. Can someone please explain that to me? How do I take them out (if that is even what I do).

#8 [_BRIAN_]

[_BRIAN_]

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 January 2004 - 12:23 AM

You can't take the letters out. Just tape everwhere but the letters then you can do it with spray paint. Me and a friends used hairdryer on his jewel and the black stuff came off really easy

#9 zanderch

zanderch

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 12:30 AM

Do I have to scrape off the silver paint or anything from the letters before I paint them, or do I just spray them like they are?

#10 pookmish

pookmish

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 27 January 2004 - 01:39 AM

As i said in my first reply, just use oven cleaner. spray some one and let sit for about 30 minutes, then rinse it out. The painted letters should be gone.

#11 iLLNESS

iLLNESS

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:computers, video games, my gf, movies, drinking
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 27 January 2004 - 02:43 AM

proly depends on which xbox u got

remember not every manufacturer uses the same parts

they have an objective and make it in theyre own way

but as for me.. freezer method.. the jewel popped off but wasnt as easy as people describe it

as for the black gunk half was left on the xbox half off

oven cleaner i used

took a shitload of coats but i decidecd its best to put some on leave it on overnight
woke up and it was a really gross green color.. like dried up puke (deefault color being pukey)..

i reapplied a coat of oven cleaner let it sit 5 minuts rubbed it off clean as a whistle

my chromse was gone though

im gonna make a coloured paper insert to put around the jewel with the xbox lettering cutout and put a light behind that...

a lil different from most coloured jewels as only my xbox lettering will light up smile.gif

#12 zanderch

zanderch

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 05:55 PM

Thanks alot guys. Will the oven cleaner take the green paint off the jewel as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users