X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 January 2004 - 12:33 AM

All is quiet on the release of the latest "WIP" binaries. huh.gif

I haven't had a chance to change Tetris to the {} standard... does it work? What does everyone think about my change?

I'm interested in some input.

#2 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 January 2004 - 01:33 AM

I haven't tried it, but I fail to see what I COULD think about the change. I mean, it's nothing major (well, it's for the expression stuff coming, so I guess that's a good sign)

#3 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 01:55 AM

Well, specifically, the change from [] to {} - this is an "intermediate" step - I will remove the [] support for embedding variable names from MXM sometime before public release, so this one is intended to support BOTH formats.

Also, for some reason, the message boxes look cleaner. These are derived from the new dialog class, but have no controls as yet (the message is rendered directly on the dialog background, and the dialog is dynamically sized on the word-wrapped message box)

There are a lot of underlying changes, so I just want to make sure I've not broken something as I procede here.

The next "WIP" will have the menus moved into the "SystemUI" as well, which will give a slightly different visual look; because I only render the current "active" UI Object, the menu, for example, will disappear when it displays the "About..." box.

Edited by BenJeremy, 27 January 2004 - 01:57 AM.

#4 Yuyu

Yuyu

X-S Spirit Detective

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • Interests:Football (Soccer) ... Umm, Xbox?
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 27 January 2004 - 02:33 AM

Sorry, you'll get most of my Input on WIP releases on UI and skinning stuff, I have not had time to dwelve back into actionscripting due to school and work... So I'll give you plenty of feedback when the menu is integrated into the UI and some other UI stuff changes...

Oh yeah, what are th new gadget strings like (RawCDriveFree) for ? Skinning ? Actionscrripts ?

What would it look like displayed ?

#5 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (Yuyu @ Jan 26 2004, 10:33 PM)
Sorry, you'll get most of my Input on WIP releases on UI and skinning stuff, I have not had time to dwelve back into actionscripting due to school and work... So I'll give you plenty of feedback when the menu is integrated into the UI and some other UI stuff changes...

Oh yeah, what are th new gadget strings like (RawCDriveFree) for ? Skinning ? Actionscrripts ?

What would it look like displayed ?

Raw* are like their regular counterparts, except they are the raw numbers, without commas or any abbreviation.

#6 Yuyu

Yuyu

X-S Spirit Detective

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • Interests:Football (Soccer) ... Umm, Xbox?
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 27 January 2004 - 03:34 AM

Dude Sweet I have use for this in my skin I am making right now (if thats what there for) Well, it should include tons of the new WIP stuff when you get that text problem fixed...

#7 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 03:40 AM

Yeah, it's "partially" fixed... but still not right.

I might have you specify position in terms of length and height, to set the size of the texture used to fill the ZPoint shape.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users