• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PrinceOfPigs

PrinceOfPigs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 01:14 AM

OK, here's my problem, I have a 56k connection and currently have connection sharing turned on in winxp and sharing the connection with my xbox by a crossover cable. I have my xbox set up for dhcp and want to know how i would go about making it so the people on the internet can see my website hosted on my xbox webserver. If you need more info please ask. thanks

#2 luther349

luther349

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 January 2004 - 01:47 AM

your talking abought roughting to your xbox yes it can be done in winxp. go to mynetwork places and the proptys of your device that acces the ineternet in your case your 56k modem. go to advanced and hit the settings tab you will see a list of services. hit add enter a decription of the service eg. xbox and type the ip for xp to rought to it would be whatever ip your xbox is using and whatever port you wanna use. save your settings and people will be able to connect to your xbox with your ip adresss of your pc and the port you set windows will rought it to your xbox.

sence your using dchp i suggest installing a dns on the xbox hears a good one http://www.noip.org it has a linux version and its free. so when your xbox ip changes you can just run that program and update it for windows to use insted of having to change the ip everytime your reboot the xbox. if you install a dns you would replace the ip in the windows roughting with the dns eg xbox.no-ip.com or whatever you name your dns.

on a side note make shure you have changed all your passwords in xbox linux user root and the vnc passwords. last thing you would whant is someone walking in a open door and wrecking your xbox. and trust me there enough assholes out there that would do it.

Edited by luther349, 28 January 2004 - 01:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users