• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 glazedhonuts

glazedhonuts

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 05:51 AM

Currently have an executer lite, I believe 2.1....anyways, there are some slight problems due to a rookie install - have to shake the xbox sometimes to get it to start up heh. Gonna try having my friend who installed it open up the xbox and see if he can adjust what may be physically wrong, and if that doesnt work, here lies my question :

Is it possible to physically just pull out the soldered chip, and then put in a newer non-soldered chip ?

#2 Strud1512

Strud1512

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 January 2004 - 06:02 AM

That depends on how it is installed -
pinheader?
wires?

It is much harder to install a solderless chip after the LPC has been soldered previously.
You would probably be better off fixing the current installation (perhaps someone other than your friend can help, unless his soldering skills has improved cool.gif )

#3 glazedhonuts

glazedhonuts

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 06:50 AM

The chip in right now was soldered via wires. It works still, just has to get shaken a bit sometimes which is a bit ghetto, to be able to start up heh. I'll see what we can do if we open it up again soon and try to adjust the chip and have it set in place better or somethin.

#4 rms2001

rms2001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Interests:Free DirecTV, playing with my XBox, and playing Half-Life and its mods.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 January 2004 - 07:14 AM

I'm betting its just a bad solder point. Should be an easy fix. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users